immediate bandsaw choice help required??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just been talking to a friend who has informed me that if my intentions are to true up timber and make cuts a table saw is better for me, now im back to square one!!

xc-mtbr":cbi8k93j said:
Its mainly for small furniture, and truing up timber so the 4 inch cut height of the axi should do me just fine, guided by price mainly, just had a good offer of record bs250 for 179 ? Thoughts?

If you want to cut timber upto 4 inch high then you will need a large table saw for that, and it will cost a lot more than the bandsaw will cost you. have a look on google for a table saw or saw table that is capable of a 4 inch cut, you might have to go smaller and then put the timber through twice, put it through then flip it end to end and put it through again.

Cheers

Dave

this little saw
http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jet-jts- ... rod208698/
from jet is 90mm capacity and i would imagine be better at squaring up timber as its main use will be?
the ts200 from axi is only 60mm cut so not as atractive.
Read to many forums now with people having to tinker with bandsaws especially of hobby ratings like i would be purchasing

The jet is 8omm not 90,, it says Max Depth of Cut @ 90deg: 80mm

At the end of the day you are the 1 who needs to choose what you want, so i would do a post asking, about whether to get a table saw or bandsaw and put in enough info for what it is going to be used for. might get some better references on the type of machine you need,

Cheers

Dave

so it is!! my eyesight isn't what it was. More i think about more i fancy a table saw i think, going to incorporate it into a bench and share a fence with a router i think

ok i've decided to get the small axi 250n, it reckon it will do the job required and providing i can get the fence square and true should be able to square up stock.
table saw next purchase 8)

If your truing up stock then a good Thicknesser/Plainer and a Table Saw IMO is the best method

If your interested i have a DVD from axminster which I used to help tune my band saw up, PM me if you would like to buy my copy (seen it once you shouldn't need to see it again) or they have a deal with this DVD and a Bandsaw book which helped me loads when tuning the machine.

Seems the deal has gone now but this is the book http://www.axminster.co.uk/gmc-success- ... rod649639/
and DVD http://www.axminster.co.uk/gmc-masterin ... prod29543/

HUdson dont say that i'd virtually decided, gonna head out axi now and look at both machines, the ts200 tablesaw and the 250n bandsaw see if that decides it

you are also taking up turning tho , and that tips it towards bandsaw because you cant cut blanks round on a tablesaw (or at least not easily)

also fwiw i think your shed is too small to take a tablesaw - its not just the physical size of the machine, its also the working space arround it.

Well damn u axminister for your tempting offers, how dare u offer me the bigger 310 bandsaw at a reduced rate now I have to lift it out my boot ! 8)

Back