I'm searing for a new table saw for my Festool table.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schummie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello woodworker,

I have a question about a new table saw.
I have now a table saw from Festool the CMS-TS 55-Set with a saw and router
module. The CMS-TS 55-Set has extensions to the right and the front.
I think it is a complete saw table who has very good saw capacities.
But is miss something, it is not really a table saw, it is a great saw for take with you
on a job.
I miss also on the Festool the real sturdiness, I’m handicapped and when I try to stand
than is it great when I have some strength to hold me.
Now I’m searching for a table saw who has the accuracy off a Festool saw.
I’m searching for a saw round the 1500 pound.

Can you guys give me a good idea for a new saw?

Thank you,

Schummie
sorry for my English

cms-ts%2055-set%20aus.jpg

No Ironballs, I think he is interested in the Festool.

Is there nobody who can help me or is Festool really the best?
I reed here very positive story's about the SIP, the Xcaliber 10 Inch Table Saw,
Axminster and the Deft.
I hope there is somebody who want to help me.

Thank you,

Schummie.

Schummie,
I used to have the Festool CMS with the TS75 saw and router table and I changed it for the Record TS200c table saw, which I can recommend.
You can read my review of this saw here;
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums...postorder=asc&highlight=record+ts200c&start=0

I bought this saw back in February this year (2009) so now have some experience of using it.
In use it has proved to be powerful and accurate.
The rip fence is superb as is the sliding table.

I have changed the Record Mitre fence for a more substantial one from Rutlands (http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DKA24) which is extendable and includes a stop.

I have changed the blade for a Frued 250 X 30 80 Teeth LP60M-001 which gives a very good cut edge.

I am still not happy with the dust collection. The best solution I have found so far is to use the Festool Dust extraction set CS 70 AB (http://www.festool.co.uk/mediandowe...=4&PARENT=1662&BEGIN=10&AKTIV=2&JOIN_KAPITEL=) which I had left over from my CMS kit and which plugs directly into my CTL 33 extractor. I have modified the large hose to connect to the adaptor under the blade and the small tube to connect to the blade guard over the blade.

The current cost of the saw is a little under £600 in the UK, don't know what this would be for you.

Regards - Martin.

In my opinion, the Record TS200 is not much of an improvement over the Festool CMS system. As Schummie has 1500 to spend the Record TS250 would be a more logical upgrade.

However, Schummie, I think you should probably do a little more research and then come back with more specific questions. There are many table saws to choose from! EDIT to add: It would be useful to know what you want to use it for and also whether you expect to include dust extraction in that price or as an extra.... the options are endless.

Economy priced industrial tools can be had from TendoTools in Holland. Might be a good place to start, just to get an idea of what is possible.

Hello Martingchapman, Loz_S, wizer,

thank you very mutts for your help.
Martingchapman, I must say that I find your choice to take the Record TS200c
a little strange. When I see your list off things you don't like a little to long to pick this saw or not?
When I see the table saws who are available (for me), than I find the Record, the SIP, Axminster, the Xcaliber and the Deft nice saws.
And personally I find the Deft a great saw to see, but I know to little
what his performs are. The brand is also very new for me, but that is also
with the SIP and the Xcaliber. I love the (old) American style table saws.
Tendotools is not a very great know brand in the Netherlands.

Guys, thanks again for you help.

Schummie.

PIC6.jpg

Hi Schummie,
My choice of table saw was very limited because more than anything else I wanted a 250mm blade, an induction motor and a sliding table, but it had to fit in my workshop that is only 2.2m wide and it had to cost around £500. The Record was the only one that fitted all these criteria.
Having said that I am very happy with the Record, even though the dust extraction is not to my liking, I have put right the other minor issues and the saw performs very well.

But, given a bigger workshop and a bigger budget then I would not have chosen the Record, I would have gone for something more like the American style Deft with a "standard" mitre slot on both sides of the blade and a much wider table.

Regards - Martin.

Sorry Martin, I didn't know that you where limited.
But when I see the photos from your shop, I understand that limitation.
I see that you also are a lover from old American table saws.
Have you hear a lot from the brand Deft, it is for my all new?

Thanks Schummie.

Dear woodworkers,

After my search true the Internet I find the Deft a beautiful table saw.
It has everything I every dream off in a table saw and he’s payable
and that is also not unimportant.
I notice that not only Laguna has this table saw but also Grizzly has it
In his assortment. It is possibly that this means that it is a good table saw.
The only thing I personally find a little pitiful, is the fence from the Deft.
But I think with a piece off UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight) left and right
from the fence and you have a beautiful fence.
The only thing I hope is that lyndhurst answer my emails.
I see on the website that they sell also belt sanders, but I can’t find further anything on there website.
Everybody, thanks for your help.

Schummie
sorry for my English

Deft:
578e.jpg

Grizzly:
g0690.jpg

Laguna:
nlt430.jpg

Back