Quantcast

If you use a Mac then don't bother to read this ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
RogerS":2sc4gerw said:
http://www.eleven.de/press-release/items/warning-driveby-spam-infects-pcs-when-e-mail-is-opened.html

Oh dear. Oh dear..oh dear.

[/smugmode]
I'll join you in the smug mode Rog :D though it has to be said that the IMacPro keypad is cr@p for long spells of touch typing...a proper full sized keyboard is much better. Just means I'll have to get a proper Jobs machine later on with a decent keyboard :mrgreen: - Rob

Pete Maddex

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If you lot keep banging on how good Macs are they will sell more, and the hackers will turn there attention on them, then you will be up a certain creek without a propulsion device :wink:

Pete

wobblycogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, the article is long on fear and short on facts and by a computer security company. I smell a seriously over blown story about a threat that may or may not affect a tiny percentage of people.

wobblycogs

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope, only Linux-on-Alpha people are allowed to be smug and only then if they have compiled their own kernel. Linux-on-Intel allows you a slightly smug and knowing grin once a fortnight when your down the pub and have had one too many.

Sorry, them's the rules... :-D

bugbear

Established Member
Reaction score
wobblycogs":3ho2eu0v said:
Nope, only Linux-on-Alpha people are allowed to be smug and only then if they have compiled their own kernel. Linux-on-Intel allows you a slightly smug and knowing grin once a fortnight when your down the pub and have had one too many.

Sorry, them's the rules... :-D
I had Linux running on a iMac G3, (power pc), but eventually new software made demands it couldn't fulfil.

Nice machine, in its day.

BugBear

Latest posts