If you use a Mac then don't bother to read this ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":2sc4gerw said:
http://www.eleven.de/press-release/items/warning-driveby-spam-infects-pcs-when-e-mail-is-opened.html

Oh dear. Oh dear..oh dear.

[/smugmode]
I'll join you in the smug mode Rog :D though it has to be said that the IMacPro keypad is cr@p for long spells of touch typing...a proper full sized keyboard is much better. Just means I'll have to get a proper Jobs machine later on with a decent keyboard :mrgreen: - Rob

Hi,

If you lot keep banging on how good Macs are they will sell more, and the hackers will turn there attention on them, then you will be up a certain creek without a propulsion device :wink:

Pete

Hmmm, the article is long on fear and short on facts and by a computer security company. I smell a seriously over blown story about a threat that may or may not affect a tiny percentage of people.

Nope, only Linux-on-Alpha people are allowed to be smug and only then if they have compiled their own kernel. Linux-on-Intel allows you a slightly smug and knowing grin once a fortnight when your down the pub and have had one too many.

Sorry, them's the rules... :-D

wobblycogs":3ho2eu0v said:
Nope, only Linux-on-Alpha people are allowed to be smug and only then if they have compiled their own kernel. Linux-on-Intel allows you a slightly smug and knowing grin once a fortnight when your down the pub and have had one too many.

Sorry, them's the rules... :-D

I had Linux running on a iMac G3, (power pc), but eventually new software made demands it couldn't fulfil.

Nice machine, in its day.

BugBear

Back