Ideas sought from shed builders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
96w.jpg

I have a space of six feet to the right hand side of this shed, and I would like to join another shed to its side.
The existing shed has a wooden t&G with log style end plank joints and is 8ft long.

I want my new shed therefore tobe 8ft in depth by 6ft wide but don't want a space between the two, otherwise water and maintenance would be a problem.

How would you bridge the gap re roofing?

Home made shed with flat roof ( 1 in 40 fall left to right )felt sealed to existing ,water off half the original shed will flow over flat roof to re positioned gutter .This only works if it will have sufficient internal head height.

If head height becomes a problem I would look at turning the shed through ninety degrees and adding the six foot to the existing length.

Roy.

studders":1y4evjvf said:
devonwoody":1y4evjvf said:
I want my new shed therefore tobe 8ft in depth by 6ft wide ......

Have you upset 'er indoors then DW?

:wink:

Near the mark, the neighbours fence has fallen down (last gale) and a shed in that space fills the gap, and could then be my turning shed.

Most probably design on the hoof if I go ahead with the flat roof falling to the right hand side, its the open roof ends that is bugging me at the moment.

Were it me I'd probably build on to the existing structure and maybe incorporate some sort of gully where the two join.

Pull a line off the existing roof to half the distance and build up both to fill in.You get storage space that way and less walls to build.
IE. Distance of existing 8ft. add 6 ft= 14 ft ,take and half that to middle of roof.7ft....tie it all together have more head room and space is opened up.

Grinding One":zfbvti21 said:
Pull a line off the existing roof to half the distance and build up both to fill in.You get storage space that way and less walls to build.
IE. Distance of existing 8ft. add 6 ft= 14 ft ,take and half that to middle of roof.7ft....tie it all together have more head room and space is opened up.

Thanks again.

is this what you mean?

98w.jpg

Back