ID this part please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beginner.

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG20230626172700.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20230626172617.jpg
    IMG20230626172617.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
The most obvious one to me is a 'disk sander table'. If you put those three words into Google and look at images, you will see how it is used.

i know what a disc sander table is, ( they are however made up of more than one "part" they are an assembly, so the complete thing, or one of the "parts" ? ) but in the pic there is also a chuck and a toolrest. there is also no disc, to hold the sandpaper - abrasive, without which, the disc sander table assembly isn't going to be much use ..

Suggest the OP uses "tineye".

i know what a disc sander table is, ( they are however made up of more than one "part" they are an assembly, so the complete thing, or one of the "parts" ? ) but in the pic there is also a chuck and a toolrest. there is also no disc, to hold the sandpaper - abrasive, without which, the disc sander table assembly isn't going to be much use ..

Suggest the OP uses "tineye".
You take the chuck off and fit a sanding disc. A lot of older lathes had various add-on, even little circular saws. Sanding table and disc are quite common.

I know how to fit one jacob..but I repeat ..more than one object is visible in the OP photo..there is no sanding disc.( hence my comment above ).and the OP has started another thread where the object they want "I'd" ( sic ) is the guide ( partly hidden ) in the background of this one. I can see some cans of Coca Cola ..is that it :) or are they for a thread yet to be started ?
https://tineye.com/
where is wally.

I have the same lathe bought in 1980 s I have the Manuel it did not have a sanding table when bought it came with a long rest 10" short rest 5" and a faceplate that would only fit inboard for outboard you need left hand thread the speed change was a twin stepped pulley one on the motor one on the spindle that one had an indexing ring built in and a sprung paul that located in it . The main problem with the lathe was the motor early Chinese attempt very basic and the tentioning set up was flimsy also basic , Just remembered you also got a rotating tail stock and a two winged drive both on a No1 morse taper hope this is of some use to you

Re post second pic my mistake it was a 12" and 6" rest and meant to say center not stock

Attachments

• IMG_20230626_205033_758.jpg
    IMG_20230626_205033_758.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
On further looking on the back of the manual it lists available accessories they are Lathe stand ,chuck,sanding disc,sanding table,6" faceplate 6" faceplate L/H thread ,bowl turning rest and a chisel set 8 piece it's actually made in Taiwan p s the thread size of spindle is 3/4-16 3/4inch dia 16 teeth per inch thread hope this helps

Hi guys so been looking at eBay and found the only bit I'm missing. So this is it.
And also found a manual but the bit was really clear .
So I just need to buy one on pay day

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-27-07-36-31-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.png
    Screenshot_2023-06-27-07-36-31-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.png
    845.4 KB · Views: 0
You seem to be getting there in putting it all together - what is your plan when you get there?

Just a suggestion ... it may be worth exploring if there is a local woodturning club and if a friendly member can show you how to get started safely.

Latest posts

Back