I want rustic.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
Customer brought this bathroom unit in to me yesterday. :-k I want it to look rustic :roll: know what I mean. Er no.
Anyway here goes.......

One unit

DSCN4299_zps01c7b3df.jpg

So over to my extensive stock of er............. firewood :D and select some high grade oak.

85028706-b2a8-40f3-9a4a-8c3e90afcb90_zpsffe77186.jpg

Shall start on the unit this afternoon.

Looking forward to the new improved version.

Maybe if they had turned it up the right way they might have gotten on better with it! ;-)

mickthetree":dat1i0ez said:
Looking forward to the new improved version.

Maybe if they had turned it up the right way they might have gotten on better with it! ;-)

Funny you should mention that, but the sink would not fit in when its turned around. So I think a very short person must have fitted the handle :!:

a good way to make it look rustic with little effort... tie it to the back of that transit van in the second picture and take it for a run around the yard.

next!

I know that the customer is always right, but if they want to put that in their house, they are just wrong!

(And I hope you have explained that it will need you to go back every few months to "maintain the patina" and submit another bill! ;-) )

curious - why the featherboard that way up? I know the other way makes it look like a shed, but being a sink n all - with water splashing down the front, the cladding that way up it'll sit or get behind it.

Ages ago in my old flat I made a vanity unit for under the bathroom sink simply with B&Q T & G boards, a bit of framing and cut a door in it, maybe £20 at a push...

Barkwind lol that one looks like a minature outdoor kahzee :)

No skills":9mi8ar2z said:
Have they seen it yet? whats happening?

I would like to know too.
It's tricky for me to ask without sounding as if I'm taking the p.m.
If people want this type of thing, it's more my style.

Customer collected today. Just what they wanted so all is fine. They wanted the feather board laid that way so didn't question them. They do come up with some strange ideas sometimes.

Sheffield Tony":10ysa3tn said:
Please somebody tell me this is a joke. And explain it to me. It looks like an old fence panel upended.

No joke......pictures show the evidence. Its feather board that come off an old shed that they had taken down.

Latest posts

Back