I THINK IT IS A SCAM

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KevM":1monn1xj said:
MMUK":1monn1xj said:
Personally I prefer to use my own brain to remember passwords. That way no-one will ever find it out either accidentally or maliciously. I have software to protect against keystroke bots so I'm happy enough that I'm protected.

That's where phrase based passwords come into their own

I tend to just make up words on the spur of the moment and throw in a few numbers or symbols if I can.

As an example, a password I used for a site that no longer exists: S00perlungw3stib1kelerm

MMUK":1mdeko14 said:
KevM":1mdeko14 said:
MMUK":1mdeko14 said:
Personally I prefer to use my own brain to remember passwords. That way no-one will ever find it out either accidentally or maliciously. I have software to protect against keystroke bots so I'm happy enough that I'm protected.

That's where phrase based passwords come into their own

I tend to just make up words on the spur of the moment and throw in a few numbers or symbols if I can.

As an example, a password I used for a site that no longer exists: S00perlungw3stib1kelerm

How the hell do you remember that?
I struggle to remember my own name sometimes.

I use a song I like. Take first letter from chorus. E.g.

Mamma. Just killed a man. Put a gun against his head

Mjkampagahh

Then I add numbers, cc of first car 997

Gives Mjkampagahh997

That's my base. I wrap it with first two letters of website it's for so if Amazon.co.uk it becomes

aMjkampagahh997m

Dave

KevM":180oy8yn said:
I read somewhere recently that using phrases with spaces is more difficult to crack than complex passwords.

e.g. "I am Kev's password for UKWorkshop", is tougher than "!@m@P@55w)rd"

Yup, you're right there. In passwords length is king. There is a good article here about it - https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm

:)

Attachments

• password fun.jpg
    password fun.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 484
Logged on to my personal email account from work today and had several messages, "Get a bigger penis NOW!' and 'Get the perfect body QUICK!' Frustrating how these messages clog up my inbox.

Seriously may have to consider taking my wife off of my mailing list.

I recieved this one today!!

Dear Friend,
I have a Confidential Business Deal worth £48.6Million to discuss with you, but I want your consent before I send details. Contact me if interested.

Thanks,
Zeesha Haider

paulking":19cjh3ob said:
I recieved this one today!!

Dear Friend,
I have a Confidential Business Deal worth £48.6Million to discuss with you, but I want your consent before I send details. Contact me if interested.

Thanks,
Zeesha Haider
They think everyone is as greedy as they are. I would have been just as tempted ( or not ) by 47.6 million.

Back