• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

I need help sourcing these

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction to source these rebate block TCT cutters

They are 60mm long, 8mm wide and 1.5mm deep two location holes approx 3mm dia at 30mm centres with the cross section forming a parrellelogram

They came off a 200mm rebate block (4 cutters) (no name on the block)

A google search has come up with nothing

TIA

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I have got some of those cutters left from an old cutter block I never use anymore, from memory there are a couple of boxes of about 10 blades.

Let me have a look when I am in the workshop tomorrow and I will let you know so don't rush into buying some

Rog

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Rog

that would be very much appreciated, according to Scott and Sarjeant the block is a oertli but are having difficulty finding the blades

Will eagarly await your search

Chris

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
katellwood":1xj77o6k said:
Rog

that would be very much appreciated, according to Scott and Sarjeant the block is a oertli but are having difficulty finding the blades

Will eagarly await your search

Chris
Sorry Chris,

I think I am going to let you down - I got the double sided blades out today and as shown below

They are the wrong size - some are 50mm long x 12mm wide x 2mm thick with 25mm centres between the holes

The others are 50mm long x 8mm wide x 1.5mm thick with 34mm between centres (Oerth WS Nr. 452.2-50 HB)

So I don't think they will help you but if anyone else out there has a block they fit please pm me I'm sure we can find a home for them.

Apologies again for getting your hopes up

#-o #-o

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Rog

No problem, thanks for trying anyway

I spoke with Appleby Woodturnings today, and the cost of ten blades is similar to the cost of a new block, therefore I am going to use the ali from the block for another task

Thanks again

Chris

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
I nearly said that in the first place as that was why I stopped using that block and moved to a traditional euro set up with limiters etc - easy enough to keep sharp yourself.

I will stick them back in my storage box of odd blades - they will come in handy one day

Rog