I need an accurate bench or table saw for perfect mitres.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renderer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need an accurate bench or table saw for perfect mitres. I wish to be able to make spot on angles that look and feel pristine. Any and all advice gratefully recieved.

Rend

No you don't, you just want one! :)
There is more to getting perfect mitres than getting everything at 45 degrees. The opposite sides have to be exactly the same length, too.
Just about any non-budget TS or SCMS will give you good angles if you set them up properly. But you can achieve perfect results with a crappy supermarket machine and good shooting board and plane.
How much do you want to spend?

Lol I guess thats fair comment, your right enough Steve. I have just started making more of a range of wood products not just woodturning. Flat wood as you know is a bit of a mystery to me.
What I do understand is always buy right first time, even if it means waiting. I WANT A GOOD PLANER THICKNESSER AND I WANT A GOOD ACCURATE CIRCULAR SAW.
I want to cut accurate pieces for building huge vases and for picure frames and mitres on boxes, the budget is around £1500 for both items
Rend
posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=80660#

Back