I need a bigger workshop!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I will if I continue to build these things:

Each one was 6' 6" wide and the same in height! I was glad to get rid of them out of the shop. :lol:

They are massive Shultzy at 6' 6" high and 6' 6" wide each! The hinges are pretty heavy duty ones which I have used on all of my gates in varying sizes. Posts are box steel which the pivots are welded to. The timber is as usual treated redwood Matt.

Mailee,

the gates look very good.

As an observation, with the two posts take the load over the long term. Methinks the gates will sag over time unless you give additional reinforcement. Perhaps I am wrong but the posts x-section looks two slender by eye. Perhaps I am jumping the gun and you have additional elements to install based on the plated positioned on top?

Great job otherwise.

I did suggest a bracing piece over the top for the posts and I think he is going to fit one so it should be ok in the long term. :wink:

Nice looking gates Mailee, what kinda car does he drive a humvee??

if you get a new workshop, just stick a stamp on your old one and post it to me... :lol:

Latest posts

Back