I have just boughta faily clean ML8

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boywonder

Established Member
Reaction score
Where can i get the bolts ithat fix the head/tail stock down ?I assume that they are imperial thread size but dont know Also the motor houseing wingnut.What was the origanal yell
ow colour .
Iam also looking for the sanding table and disc attachment

Attachments

• 397018972_7125083724192343_1260293153100236642_n.jpg
    397018972_7125083724192343_1260293153100236642_n.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Where can i get the bolts ithat fix the head/tail stock down ?I assume that they are imperial thread size but dont know Also the motor houseing wingnut.What was the origanal yell
ow colour .
Iam also looking for the sanding table and disc attachment
If they’re just unthreaded holes the nearest sized metric bolt will do.

Hooligan! They are 3/8 Whitworth, You can get these on ebay or cut lengths of 3/8 Whit all thread.
10mm metric will chew up the aluminium threads and they will work loose.

Hooligan! They are 3/8 Whitworth, You can get these on ebay or cut lengths of 3/8 Whit all thread.
Notice I said unthreaded, as in bolt and nut…

I got some rod .
Iam looking for the Sanding attachment Table and disc .Iam not paying silly money as someone wants on ebay atm

Keep watching - maybe set up a search on Ebay. I have found bargains for my wifes ML8 you just have to be patient.
Also with things like tool rests, don't forget you can use ones from other machines as long as the post is the same diameter.

These lathes used a triple-start thread on the locking elements for a fast locking action, very bespoke and very expensive if you want like-for-like as you’ll have to have it custom made.

You’d be better off buying a tailstock with the right parts.

Its not these bits.Its the threaded holes on the headstock & tail stock that you join through the bench work top.However i have now got the 3/8 threaded rod i need

Last edited:
**john_bradfast you mean? ALWAYS expensive. Monopoly money. Significantly, his items linger a long time on what NoLegs used to call "The Bay of Plenty".
I have collected a outboard sanding table and disc with mitre guide on friday for £50 .I noticed the the above named person sold his at £79 ish after a reduction from £220 after i said he was unrelistic in his prices lol

Well done Boy wonder! J.B and Rodders are charging Monopoly prices for old Waddy, Multico, etc parts. 'Bout time they were called out for rampant profiteering, capitalising on the desperate or novices, I reckon.

Back