I hate it already...iphone 5

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorframe

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate it for 2 reasons.

1. I hate mobile phones
2. I hate Apple.

But. I'm off to Switzerland for 2 weeks. Part of the condition of the 1st pay rise I've had for years is that I go there for training. BLAH!! One of my conditions is that they give me a company phone to call the Missus as much as I like. So, they gave me an iphone 5. (Actually, they gave it without me asking).

As I am more like Betamax Man than Modern Techy Guy, I got them to put all the numbers that I could possibly want into it, and show me how to make a call. No problem. But when SWIMBO calls the phone, it vibrates, and nothing else. I've been through the 'sounds' section and ticked a ringing sound that doesn't sound like an announcement for 'pillock of the week', but still vibrate only.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.

i think that there will be a small tab on the side that slides up or down.

small switch on upper LHS above volume controls. If down then phone is silent and only vibrates; if up phone rings with whatever you have set.

AHA!! Exellent! (not the phone, the replies!) It was the switch above the volume buttons =D>

Next, I don't want it to answer with a message (which it does now, set by the salesman who got sacked). I just want it to tell me I've missed a call. How do I do that???

Phone icon (green telephone)
Voicemail tab
Greeting (at the top)
Default (or Custom and re-record it)

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

I did read on google that I had to text something to a certain number, but that might as well be rocket science.

I like my 5C although the battery life is pants. I only bought it though because I was frustrated that the other half wouldn't use hers properly when we were out and about in need of information on something or other! Oh, and because I snapped by old Sony Dumb phone in frustration when it switched itself off half way through a long text message! :lol:

I have an iphone 5S which I got after a few android phones. It is not at all intuitive and I regularly send multiple texts as my largish fingers hit the send button often.

Latest posts

Back