I hate hacksawing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem solved!

4FB2A78C-D000-40CC-84D5-0C4983BB043F-4624-00000DE1E9AB8809_zps6a1090be.jpg

Harking back to CC's comment - use a lubricant - ideally the correct one, but sometimes anything is better than nothing. Metal work is not my forte but I learned this one years ago - especially if working by hand (where the effort is!).

DTR":1ykpn9kb said:
Problem solved!

4FB2A78C-D000-40CC-84D5-0C4983BB043F-4624-00000DE1E9AB8809_zps6a1090be.jpg

How very fortunate that this thread exists! And that you picked one up too.
I obtained one of these the other day (Sat 17th) simpley because it was a novelty (I don't actually need it, just thought it would be cool)

Mine is however missing a few parts, and is covered in grease. Is there any chance you could post more pics of it DTR so I could see a little about how certain bits are supposed to be?
I've found a bit of info from the internet, crossed with just looking at it and figuring it out (such as the oil filled descent dampener).

Thanks -Matt-

Screwfix had Rage type metal cutting blades on special offer so I got one for my mitre saw. Chopped through some alloy bar easily. It threw a few chips around though.

-Matt-":huxz506w said:
How very fortunate that this thread exists! And that you picked one up too.
I obtained one of these the other day (Sat 17th) simpley because it was a novelty (I don't actually need it, just thought it would be cool)

Mine is however missing a few parts, and is covered in grease. Is there any chance you could post more pics of it DTR so I could see a little about how certain bits are supposed to be?
I've found a bit of info from the internet, crossed with just looking at it and figuring it out (such as the oil filled descent dampener).

Thanks -Matt-

Same day I picked up mine!! :mrgreen:

I will try my best with the photos, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do it until the weekend. Is there anything specifically you want a photo of?

Weekend is fine, its been stuffed in a bag on a shelf at the moment until I have the time to strip and degrease.
General overview pics is my main need. Any pics that I've found on the 'net (of which there are few) all seem to be in the orientation of which your pic was taken or the other side but as a drawing.
You have a belt/pulley cover on yours, was this standard? And how is it fixed?
Dimensions of that could be an advantage I guess so I can make one.
I'll get a pic at the weekend of the state its in (still runs fine though!)

Cheers for your help :)

Matt

Photos as promised...

The belt cover is original. It is a casting, secured by a single screw through a block on the bottom side.

DSC_4298.jpg

DSC_4299.jpg

DSC_4301.jpg

DSC_4302.jpg

DSC_4303.jpg

DSC_4306.jpg

DSC_4313.jpg

Back