I don't believe it!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mal

Established Member
Reaction score
After a week of mounting excitement, new CL4 bought at Yandles last week, new bench constructed and installed, tonight was the time to get the new lathe mounted and spinning.

So, got the lathe fixed, took the variable speed unit out of the box, removed the head stock cover and.............

SAM_1130_zps1fki0y4i.jpg

SAM_1138_zpsdvuodtiu.jpg

SAM_1137_zpswmamomkz.jpg

So, after paying the best part of 900 quid, someone forgets to pack the motor pulley.

Forgive me if I'm not overly impressed at this point in time!

I don't believe it!!!!!!
I do.

Ordered CL2 to CL3 upgrade parts a year or so ago. Motor, pulleys and belt. Compared to my original Sheffield made machine the quality was shameful.
Never used them. New banjo too that required a day's work to make presentable and acceptably functional. Received a substantial discount but should have returned them.
I hope your new lathe has benefitted from quality control improvements that were promised at the time. Not a good start though!
Please let us know when you finally get it going.

Good luck, Bob

Bob

That's a bit unfortunate. I do however check everything is complete and works ok as soon as I buy it. Have you plugged the motor in yet and checked it all works ok.

Back