I am trying to move forward

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
I am very new to scroll sawing and up to now most of my efforts have been with 3 or 4 piece puzzles to amuse the Grandchildren to great effect, but as you will all know this can get quite addictive and I am trying to get a bit more skilled and here are my first efforts.

rosie.jpg

peng.jpg

Attachments

• rosie.jpg
    rosie.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,058
  • peng.jpg
    peng.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,058
I like the first Rosie, but to me, in the second one the 'O' looks out of proportion. Maybe it's the hole that is too big? I dunno. Nothing wrong with the cutting though. The penguin is one of my favourites and was one of my first too. Simple to cut, yet still cute.
Keep at it, PT.

Martin

Looks like you are going in the right direction.I too like the first Rosie,I think by using all upper case letters in the second they don't work as good .The other is very good and `very well cut out.Thank you for sharing.

Bryan

Thanks for the kind comments although I have been following this forum for some time these were the first items that I have made that I felt came close to being good enough to show on the forum.
The Rosie names were the first items I have made that include internal cuts and have only been possible due to the advice I received on the recent thread about the Axminster blade clamps and I was able to modify my saw to make blade changing far easier so many thanks to the members who helped with that.
The font for the large Rosie is a bit strange but I drew it using some stencils I have got and it is now fixed above the door of Rosie's wendy house and looks ok.
I can take no credit for the penguin pattern it is an image that turns up on the forum from time to time and the impression I get is that most members have done it. I hope that whoever did it first does not mind me using it.
Today the penguins have been put into a jiffy bag and sent as a present to a friend of mine who every time I see him gives me a big bag of hardwood off cuts retrieved from the skip at his place of work.

Good work, as with others I like the first Rosie.

Rosie was my late dad’s nick name when he was a fireman, that was many years ago now.

Take care.

Chris R.

I am a bit late trying to catch up sorry . I like others would go for the first Rosie but its good to try different fonts until you are happy with what you want. Love the Penguins.

Back