HVLP spray??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigcraigwilly

Reaction score
help!

this isn't a woodwork question but a general decorating question

i have seen one of these earlex hvlp systems and had a brainwave

im f***ing lazy, too lazy to push a roller in fact and these say you can use emulsion.. do you see where im going with this

i know there is a few topics on this already but as we just established im really lazy

what i want to know can i paint my house with this?

do i need to buy particular paint? earlex reckon most are ok

thanks for any advice in advance

onelazygit
and has any one used masking liquid h20? can i mask the skirts with it? and what about the whole pvc french doors. not just the glass but plastic handle and all

and what about glossing doors? is it any good for that?

Hmmm, I'm not greatly experienced at painting houses, but this website or this one gives some tips, however, none seem to mention HVLP sprays. I think one of the main things will be to make sure you properly mask certain areas - windows spring to mind. Not sure how your house would look with painted windows.

Do you have any colour in mind?

i ment the interior by the way :oops:

i have no influence on color the wife will just give me a list and say something along the lines of "go and get that and do the house craig" and "how long is that taking you"

and more of the same

that h20 gear looks the nuts for windows but if i have to mask the frames anyway then why waste my money and time but i do like the idea of just painting the skirting with it and peeling it off after

check out the video http://www.maskingliquidh2o.com/masking ... swers.html

I would be very careful if you haven't used a sprayer before, I am a painter and decorator and I wouldn't waste my time using one of those cheap HVLP units.

i have done a wee bit of spraying in the past but never anything like a wall

i helped to spray the roller coaster on brighton pier and girders things like that but that was a propper compressor driven one. i have also worked for painters and decs so i am pretty handy with a roller and brush

i just want an easy way out lol

bigcraigwilly":3qs3ccha said:
i just want an easy way out lol

Shane":3qs3ccha said:
Roll of masking tape + old newspaper + terylene gun = job jobbed :lol:

roll of twenty pound notes + proffesional decorator + afternoon spent sitting in the garden with a radio and a six pack = job slobbed :lol:

big soft moose":hy4j1xyx said:
roll of twenty pound notes + proffesional decorator + afternoon spent sitting in the garden with a radio and a six pack = job slobbed :lol:

Sounds good to me 8)

the rool of 20s is starting to sound good really

i had pictured about 25 mins spraying and the house would be finished and the furniture would be back in place and everything

What could be easier then doing it with a roller? Certainly not spray!!!! Unless you are just putting it up with an airless sprayer and chasing it with a roller to smooth it out. In the USA they use a product called stipple on their ceilings and it sometimes needs painting especially if people smoke in their house. It needs to be sprayed as it comes off if you try to use a roller for the first coat. to mask everything off to spray it takes almost a day and only half an hour or so to spray with an airless sprayer. But to spray a wall? You'd have to be very talented, have a very steady hand, waste most of the day masking everything off.

Surely a room would only take two hours tops to paint with a brush and roller. Painting is so easy compared to other manual labour jobs. Instant results as well.

Back