Hurrah - my B&Q Performance saw is dead!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Les and Noel
I remember reading your post now you've linked to it.
I've got a couple of these brackets lying around doing nothing and was thinking about using them to attach a piece of contiboard too - what does anyone think? http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=46748&id=95375

I'm not too sure about how to attach them to the saw, though. I'm a bit concerned that the saw cabinet might not be upto supporting them.

Stewart
ps how can i make the word 'bracket' a link to the screwfix page so that i don't have to put the url in the body of the post??
ta

Stewart,
Have you considered using a router table/cabinet as an outfeed?

The mitre slots can be matched in the RT

TX

Hi TX
I have thought about this but so far I'm managing without a router table as I've got a 'rat. I did use a rather abused router table I got second hand to edge joint but I've got a pt now so I'm not sure I'll need a router table. However, bound to do something one day when I will.....
cheers
Stewart

Stewart

That 5-roller thingummyjig from Screwfix is a 'dog' as I and others have found out. Design is duff....too top heavy and base not large enough. The single rollers work fine but all the other suggestions in the thread such as outfeed tables etc are much much better.

Roger

stewart":1btbobfz said:
ps how can i make the word 'bracket' a link to the screwfix page so that i don't have to put the url in the body of the post??
ta
Instead of this:
Code:
[url]http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=46748&id=95375[/url]

try this:
Code:
[url=http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=46748&id=95375]Brackets[/url]
to get this:
Brackets

Cheers, Alf

thanks roger, i'll steer clear of them

thanks alf - i'll try it next time i make a link

cheers
stewart

Stewart......How are you finding your saw now that you've had it for a while .....and did you get the sliding carriage ????

The reason i ask is i'm interested in the SIP myself as my current saw the Sheppach TKU i feel isn't accurate enough for the work i want to do.
Although to be fair it's served me well and is still going strong but i feel its time to upgrade to a saw with a cast iron table.

Any feedback from yourself or any other SIP user would be most appreciated :D

Thanks

Hi
I have to say i love it and have not turned it on this term at all!! so i haven't had a lot of time using it yet but when the summer holiday comes...
i haven't got the sliding carriage (not sure i'd have room to use it in my workshop, but i haven't seen it in the flesh yet)
it had a very favourable review in Furniture and Cabinet maker last month if that's anything to go on.
best wishes
stewart

Isn't this the same saw?

One without a sliding carraige went for about £350 the other day which has got to be tempting if you are in the market for it

Cheers for the info guys.....i picked up a copy of F&C today and having read the review its looking very promising :D

Would love an Xcalibre but unfortunately i haven't got a £1000 to spend on a table saw.....so the SIP will have to do.

It isn't going to be running for 8hrs a day....day in day out so hopefully its going to be more than adequate for my needs.

Thanks again

Arrrggg...........just been looking at the Xcalibre 804......no sliding carridge,but do i really need one ????

Can use a dado though........*ducks for cover* :p

Decisions....decisions

Philly":1upp0lpo said:
He,he,he..... :norm:
Philly :wink:

Hehe......yep self confessed Normite i'm afraid :D

The trouble is as a site joiner the powertool is king.....but saying that those low angled planes from lie nielsen and veritas do look rather nice :D

Latest posts

Back