htc desire problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody67

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all - are there any htc desire phone users gadding about?? I can't sync my phone with my pc despite downloading the sync driver :roll: Am I not doing something right? I presumed it would simply be "plug & play" but no joy.

Thanks all

Mark

Really quite chuffed with it so far Super, (I only got it yesterday)......just wish I could rig it up to my pc for my music etc.

Mark

I'm seriously thinking of getting that one or the legend, they are getting superb reviews. Android/HTC is making a big impact just now for smart phones and I just can't bring myself to get an iphone.

woody67":2c7awrwy said:
Hello all - are there any htc desire phone users gadding about?? I can't sync my phone with my pc despite downloading the sync driver :roll: Am I not doing something right? I presumed it would simply be "plug & play" but no joy.

Thanks all

Mark

Have you pulled the drop down on your phone at the top to set to sync instead of charge only ?

I initially had problems with my desire, but now sweet as a nut and have 100's of apps on there and all sync'ed up.

Load the sync software and then run it.
Connect your phone
Set the phone to sync mode (pull down the options from the top)
you should then be able to connect.

MSN: [email protected]

As Stravides says, just make sure you set it to "sync" mode when connecting the USB cable.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and absolutely LOVE it.

For info, I use a piece of software called 'Media Monkey' to manage my music collection (like iTunes but without the need to sacrifice a small goat at the doorstep of Apple), and it recognises my Desire when I connect it as a disk drive (external media, I can't remember the exact phrase).

It allows me to drag and drop music, plus also playlists and to "auto-sync" with the Desire.

I don't tend to sync things like contacts and appointments -I prefer to keep them separate, plus the Desire can use my Google account (and it's calendar and e-mail stuff) so everythings the same whether I use a work PC, laptop, desktop or my smartphone.

Cheers

Alan

superunknown":215igz14 said:
I can't help with your problem, but I am interested what you think of the phone?

I've heard some people have difficulty sync'ing it to their PC :)

BugBear

Sorry for the delay guys - I've been too busy with my new phone :wink:

Alan & Stravides - I did all your suggestions but as yet, still no joy, but for now I'm not particularly fussed as I managed what Alan said and just use it as an external disc drive, so all my tunes and photos have just been dragged over.

I chose it after the i phone after lots of research and the bottom line is, the htc is quicker, has a better camera and a better and brighter defined screen.

i phone v htc desire......... ? Let the battle begin! :wink:

Thanks all

Mark. :D

Back