HSE moan

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a licence to print money !!! They really make it unwise to dispute them

Coley

That's great, we'll overcharge, you dispute it, we stand our ground and then charge you extra. What a bloody cheek!

Rorschach":38h52x8x said:
That's great, we'll overcharge, you dispute it, we stand our ground and then charge you extra. What a bloody cheek!

Not just the HSE, any Government body is the same. DV-Hell-A anyone?

Bob,

The thing to do is send them an invoice back for your time, lost business and especially incorrect advice. The invoice should be more than £51.

When they don't pay then threaten to get the court baliffs on them.

OR go to the small claims court......no public advice of charges, no contract, no advance Ts&Cs, unfair contract terms, unfairly high charges, etc.

Do formally complain in writing about ignoring the other local companies with examples, inspectors name. Allege discrimination, ignorance of the H&S laws and cowardice in not confronting the other businesses.

Next time tell them to buzz off as well.

I'm confused - did you sign a legal contact to be bound by their terms?

If not, surely they have no grounds to charge you anything (especially for you phoning them)?

I know an ex copper and he used to tell me about station inspections at his rural station when he was a young constable back in the 70's. The Inspector used to visit them every 6 months or so to go through the books and inspect the state of the station etc etc.

He said his first inspection loomed and so he frantically filed, signed stuff, back-dated stuff, cleaned, painted etc etc, until the old Sargent said what the hell are you doing!??

Confused, he said that he was preparing for the inspection. And the old Sargent told him to leave something for the Inpector to find, or he'd be there all bloody day until he found something.

All the best

Jonny

beech1948":w0aricoy said:
Bob,

Formally complain in writing about ignoring the other local companies with examples, inspectors name. Allege discrimination, ignorance of the H&S laws and cowardice in not confronting the other businesses.

+1 Use their established complaints procedure. They can't argue with their own procedures.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/fee-for-intervent ... sputes.pdf

And on another note, quote your T&C's that detail responses from you are charged at £129 per hour.

That fee is such BS. Were you clearly made aware of it when they answered the phone? Did the inspector mention that if you dispute it and are unsuccessful, you will be charged?

Above all that, did you actually instigate a formal dispute or merely vent frustration?

My god I'm so angry just reading this, I can't imagine how you feel.

PS. Very much reminds me of "parking charges" from spurious organisations, none of which ever actually get upheld in court.

paragraph 9
Disputes
9 All enquiries or disputes about an invoice will be treated as a query in the first
instance, for which no fee is payable. If dutyholders are not satisfied with the response
they can dispute all or part of the invoice. A fee is payable for handling disputes that are
not upheld.

Back