How to make these doors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a shaped frame and panel to me - like you get on some kitchen cabenets with the arched panel.

this looks like its a straight frame , with the fancy corners added - and then a paneled infill

They are three panel doors with the "panel" made like a small paneled door, in other words a panel with in a frame within the main frame.

If it sgoint to be painted then it could be made from layers of MDF, like dan suggests

Jason

Jason is right, it is a F&P door used as a panel ina F&P door. It also looks to me like the rebates are made as a bolection moulding. I've just hung a new front door where the rebates are made in exactly that way. It makes the joinery a doddle.

That piece looks very complex, but actually it is quite straightforward, there is just quite a lot of it.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for the help! :) I think I will have a go at this in July. I have bought my first apartment and they will start building it in October. I got a better price because I told them I'll make the kitchen cabinet doors myself. :D I think this piece will look great in the apartment. I also want to make most of the living room furniture myself, just so that I can try out all the ideas I have in my head. :)

Back