How much time do you spend in the workshop.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much time do you spend in the workshop in an average week

• 0 - I am not able to get out to the workshop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5 hours a week

• 6-10 hours a week

• 11-20 hours a week

• 21-40 hours a week

• > 40 hours a week

• Total voters

frugal

Established Member
Reaction score
At waka's bash last weekend he mentioned that he was lucky enough to get out into the workshop pretty much every day. It got me to thinking: How much time do people on the forum spend in the workshop each day.

As I have a full time job and two small children, that accounts for my days and weekends, so I only get to go out a couple of evenings a week after my chores are done.

I can usually get out to the 'shop for about two or three hours each evening after supper and normally a complete day (if I'm lucky) at the weekend. A lot depends on whether or not SWIMBO has a vested interest :wink: :roll: - Rob

maltrout512":38y122s7 said:
There's nothing after 40 hrs so can't vote. :( If there were I spend on average 55 hrs a week.

Damn, the forum edited my poll :cry: When I set it up the last option was ">40 hours". Now it seems that I can not edit the poll even though I created it.

"In the workshop" is all part of a much larger picture for me. There are occasions when I'm "out there" doing something but a lot of the time it's piecemeal as part of the to'ing and fro'ing of whatever I'm doing around the house. Cumulatively I'd say it amounts to 1.5 days per week.

If you asked how much time I spent in the workshop purely for leisure then it'd be zero.

I guess on average it works out a couple of hours a day. There's the odd day I won't go out there at all (usually due to pain) and sometimes if wifeys out for the day i'll get 4-6hrs broken up through the day.

That all stops tomorrow tho :( But will hopefully increase in the new year :)

Is this wife hours or real time? In wife hours every minute of the day apparently in reality 1 to 2 hours a week

Tom K":30nmrf91 said:
Is this wife hours or real time? In wife hours every minute of the day apparently in reality 1 to 2 hours a week
...and therein lies the problem :roll: - Rob

wizer":tbzcdx5m said:
I guess on average it works out a couple of hours a day. There's the odd day I won't go out there at all (usually due to pain) and sometimes if wifeys out for the day i'll get 4-6hrs broken up through the day.

That all stops tomorrow tho :( But will hopefully increase in the new year :)

Good luck tomorrow Tom.

Cheers

Mike

I guess I'm lucky because I'm retired, also I think HID's is happy for me to be out of her way, and as someone else mentioned normally she has a vested interest.

Yes Tom good luck with the op, and while recuperating keep off the forum :wink:

Waka":1qc3owh4 said:
Yes Tom good luck with the op, and while recuperating keep off the forum :wink:

You'll be lucky ;)

Thanks chaps. 7am Weds morning. Just been 'decommissioning' the workshop. :cry:

A big fat 0 for me at the moment :( , but like Tom
i hope this changes next year :D .
P.S. The very best for a successful outcome Tom,
i'll use you as inspiration for myself. :D
P.P.S. Sorry for the hijack Frugal :oops: :wink: .

Probably about 60-70hours during a busy week can be as little as 40 if i decide to take it easy 8)

cheers

Jon

frugal":21s5okil said:
maltrout512":21s5okil said:
There's nothing after 40 hrs so can't vote. :( If there were I spend on average 55 hrs a week.

Damn, the forum edited my poll :cry: When I set it up the last option was ">40 hours". Now it seems that I can not edit the poll even though I created it.
I have added the > 40 hours for you.

Mike Garnham":18t6zqoq said:
"How much time do you spend in the workshop?"

Not enough!!

Mike

Must agree with Mike, I have not managed very many hours at all this year, only 4or5 a week, last year it was much closer to 20.

Back