How much space for PKF 255V8

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakfield

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to buy a new table saw quite soon as my last cheap one has died.
I was very tempted by Axminsters TS200 as it is reduced at the moment for the full package.
However, I have just seen a PKF 255V8 for sale locally for £700 which i think is a good price and am wondering if I can sensibly fit it into my workshop.

At the moment my workshop is around 5m x 5m but I'm hoping to extend in the future.

Is it unrealistic to fit that size saw in my current size workshop?
Also, will it run off a 13a socket?

Thanks,
Mark

I have mine on wheels so it can be moved around as needed and pushed back against the wall when not in use, i tend to remove the side and rear extension tables as well . also removing the panel sizing attachment from the sliding table saves a lot of space,it only takes a minute to remove from the sliding table. I have not had any problems running mine from a 13 amp socket. The area of your workshop is similar in size to the part of mine where i use the saw and it fits with no problems but i suppose it will depend on what else you have in your workshop.The saw itself is imho very good and will cut pretty much whatever you want ,the scoring blade is a useful addition.
Hope that helps
regards

Mark

Also depends on what size sliding table you have. Mine is 2.5m but they also did a shorter one probably around 1.4m.

If the larger saw then you will need 5m minimum to push the table from one end to the other.

Great saw..I use mine to rough cut timber prior to using the P/T.

Al

beech1948":36xqrno7 said:
Great saw..I use mine to rough cut timber prior to using the P/T.

Al

Thanks for the info - It's very useful.
At the moment, I get most of my sheet goods cut by my suppliers and mainly use my table saw for ripping timber.
From what you say, it sounds like this saw is suitable for ripping timber, I thought it may be more for sheets and cross cutting which is one thing holding me back from buying it.

Thanks again,
Mark.

Its pretty good for ripping. I'm able to rip upto 80mm with mine and have ripped 2.4m of ash, oak,beech etc.

The sliding table and accessories are also good for Xcross cut of ply, mdf etc. Real issue is one of human performance. An 18mm ply sheet is about 65-85 kg in all. So can be a puppy to lift and hold in place and manipulate whilst cutting and as you move an 8x4 past the blade the end of the sheet might droop. I often break down 8x4 sheets into major parts a little over size and then crosscut using the slider.

Al

Back