how bigs your shop?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimi43":31qyib1b said:
Right! That's it...

I am going out and clearing all the junk from my workshop tomorrow!

I am shamed! :mrgreen:

Jim

Yebbut none of the good stuff eh? You know odd shaped bits of iron and that gubbins out of the wossname coz its bound to come in 'andy one day :lol:

Tom K":zyvqawfz said:
jimi43":zyvqawfz said:
Right! That's it...

I am going out and clearing all the junk from my workshop tomorrow!

I am shamed! :mrgreen:

Jim

Yebbut none of the good stuff eh? You know odd shaped bits of iron and that gubbins out of the wossname coz its bound to come in 'andy one day :lol:

Murphy's Law of clearing...the bits that you have kept for years "just in case" once disposed of immediately become needed for an urgent job...always!

But there are some things in there that I need to put in big boxes for the missus to sell at the bootfair once they open so that she can make money for me to buy goodies to put back in the workshop which I am bound to need one day...and...oh....blast! :mrgreen:

Jim

Shane":1f91i699 said:
781 sq ft = £210 per cal month (includes electric, building maintainance and use of a maintained toilet block) and no business rates to pay.

I could go up to a 1560 sq ft workshop with a very high roofline for £400 pr cal month but I'm too tight

:lol:

So much for being tight, I came to the point where the old workshop just wasn't suitable anymore, so last week I did the move to the 1560 sq ft workshop, everything is in and in place, just a few benches along the wall to fit, then I'm gonna have a bash at a mezzanine floor.

I just squeezed in my latest toy - a Jet 22-44 Oscillating sander. It sits in the middle of the workshop and I wheel out the bandsaw when I sand. Other than that, virtually everything is now fixed. I used to move stuff around on wheels but that got to be a pain and after getting the Sedgwick, putting that on wheels was not an option.

I use the outfeed table of the table saw as the infeed support to the sander and the infeed to the planer/thicknesser as the outfeed support for the sander....quart/pintpot.

P1080399.jpg

P1080401.jpg

As you may have gathered, I do very little sheet work. Just as well as it's only 6m x 6.6m

I work in a cupboard and consider myself lucky.

Sometimes I am let out for good behaviour and am allowed indoors for a meal and other essential bodily functions :oops:

What's all this about "how big is your......" ?

My wife's happy.

49 sq ft and most of that is under the bench :oops: :lol:

Have been known to spill into the garage from time to time :shock:

Dave

Back