Hotel Near Dover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who spends most weeknights in hotels, going some where new I would nearly always start with a Premier Inn. No, they are not always cheap nowadays but you do know what to expect, which is a clean , warm room with a decent bed ! You can always look for somewhere cheaper /closer to work when you're there.

+1 Generally as clean as they are soulless but they have a 'pub' attached where you can get a steak and chips. Generally alright. decent sized tv, big bed, friendly staff. I'll be at the Nottingham Branch for 3 nights this week. :(

Bm101":3qlca2y7 said:
+1 Generally as clean as they are soulless but they have a 'pub' attached where you can get a steak and chips. Generally alright. decent sized tv, big bed, friendly staff. I'll be at the Nottingham Branch for 3 nights this week. :(

Don't forget to visit "Ye Olde Trip to jerusalem"

Inoffthered":kwqqeokz said:
Bm101":kwqqeokz said:

Lol, sounds positively ... rewarding. :D

Bm101":2fe8rvpv said:
Inoffthered":2fe8rvpv said:
Bm101":2fe8rvpv said:

Lol, sounds positively ... rewarding. :D

It is a pub that is built into the sandstone on which Nottingham Castle stands and is supposed to date from the time of the crusades. some of the rooms are actually caves that have been carved out of the sandstone.
None of the Premiers in Nottingham are far from the the Trip which usually has a good selection of beers and the food is OK.

Ive used 2 Premiers with no problems many times. The one on the Folkstone road is the quieter, the one on the front you can hear the occasional ships horn.

Richard

You can also get some cheap deals through Premier Inn during the week.
I've paid as little as £30 ish per night for a double room.
And as has already been said you know what to expect with no nasty surprises or disappointments.

Cheers all, Ramada turned out to be cheapest and its pretty ok - all very much the same really but its near the training school. Added bonus is that no one was going to France today - M2 was empty. Score.

Back