homemade table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMHO.... Heimlagas opinion is totally correct and polite and if you ask an opinion about an unsuitable piece of machinery to to an unsuitable job and then don't like the answer ,what was the point in the first place?
11 years using woodworking machinery and you end up trying to adapt that piece of rubbish, you need to listen to some proper advice......does this count as a rant?

at what point did i ask how a motor burns out? when did i ask for anyone's opinion on weather or not the motor would stand up to the task? i had literally just said "if the motor burns out and needs replacing i dont care because i can get them for free" i dont appreciate being belittled all i wanted to know was weather someone had swapped a motor and as for starting with a piece of rubbish end of the day im just starting out going self employed if i could afford even a £50 table saw i would go get one but i cant im making do till work picks up its not gonna be perfect i know but it will get the job done cart on telling me its dangerous or its not good enough or its not gonna last i dont care im doing what i can to make a living instead of being a doll dosser so if that makes me a bad person then cart on giving me grief

You will very soon end up on very hard times with your enterprise if you have decided that you don't want to know how to make things work.

Myself I am very much where you are. Living on sick benefits slowly recovering my health. Heading for eternal unemployment unless I become self employed. Fighting all kinds of government paid idiots who try to stop me from becoming self employed because I cannot pay 10000 euros in license fees and CE-certifications. Fighting poverty. Fighting certain civil servants in the benefits system who try to force me to sell my tools because "people like you aren't supposed to ever get a job".... and fighting my illness every day. Exercising every day and slowly getting stronger while the phantom pains slowly go away. Doctors predict a 90-100% recovery.
Anyway...... I was sort of self employed in carpentry and joinery until bad health overtook me two years ago. Therefore I have some roundabout ideas about how things work financially.
To earn any money what so ever you need tools that are suitable for the job. 15 minutes more setup time four times a day doesn't break the bank but once set up the machine must do it's job efficiently. Otherwise you don't make any money.
A motor that isn't up to the task will slow down production to an unacceptable extent. So will your saw which isn't up to professional use especially not when powered by a washing machine motor.

I have done my math and found that the only way of getting efficient enough machines without a huge heap of loaned money ( I am too poor to get a loan except at exorbitant interrest rates) is to buy old cast iron machines which were up to the industrial standards of the day. Rebuild them properly to modern standards using proper materials mostly purchased from local scrap merchants. Fight government and refuse to pay any kind of license fees or CE-certifications no matter what they threat you with.

If you cannot affort to follow this route you are better off living on benefits. Then you can do small jobs on the black market all while flying under the radar of the taxman. Take payment cash in hand. Invest that black money in some old outdated industrial machines. Rebuild them to modern standards and get going.
When being self employed you have nothing to fall back on. You must be apble to support yourself or you go bankrupt and end up on benefits again with a debth to pay off for the rest of your life.
Starting out the way you plan to do with inadequate equipment will only make this whole process very rapid.

By the way your last answer is just a showcase of you arrogance and fact resistivity........ I am getting sick and tired of your accusations.....

Heimlaga, I am in a similar position to you all those years ago, I have an electricity supply to my workshop that is not up to the job I am asking it to do. I have VERY recently experienced a problem similar to what you described with a motor drawing a large current and heating up.

Please continue to post with the knowledge that your contributions are valuable and add to the overall knowledge base that is the real value of this forum.

Accy? You are not alone in trying to stretch the pennies; quite a few here hesitate to lay out cash and we appreciate the need to use a plan B instead of a Festool. All that Heimlaga was trying - in part - to do, was point out the possibility of a fire starting in a place that has flammable timber and very probably flammable solvents. Given your financial constraints, please forgive me if I guess your workspace is small or cramped? Igniting flammable gases there is not a picture to conjure with.

Sam

I'm a little confused at what happened on this thread. As far as I can see, someone asked for advice regarding the retrofitting of a 'found' motor and subsequent modification of a cheap saw to attach a blade that is clearly meant to be fitted to something else - and then had a strop because people advised?

What did I miss?

shed9":1d5am1it said:
shed9":1d5am1it said:
Wuffles":1d5am1it said:
What are you saying?! You want some?

nope, not a thing :|

Just a tad confused why someone would ask for advice and then shoot most of it down as insulting.

We should rename it the arguing thread. Unless you have a problem with that? Do you?!

:D

Well I didnt. :evil:
Do I need to put my heavy boots on and warm up the car,
or what?

n0legs":19g3vdor said:
Well I didnt. :evil:
Do I need to put my heavy boots on and warm up the car,
or what?

You realise you'll be paying to get back home after this? Unless ambulances go across the bridge for free!

Wuffles":2ic4es8m said:
You realise you'll be paying to get back home after this? Unless ambulances go across the bridge for free!

I cross for free pal, big whoop wanna fight about it?
By the way ambulances do cross for free, yeah so what?

n0legs":3cbbinei said:
Wuffles":3cbbinei said:

I cross for free pal, big whoop wanna fight about it?
By the way ambulances do cross for free, yeah so what?

Lol. Is that a Family Guy character?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wuffles":s5lco4ut said:
Lol. Is that a Family Guy character?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea he's the guy who runs the driving range, where Chris gets a job collecting the balls :lol:
Are you a fellow viewer?

Latest posts

Back