Home of Wood Open Day

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Perrin

Established Member
Reaction score
Unable to make it myself but did any of you manage to get down their ?

What did you think of the timber that was on offer.

Vic

I see they are doing free delivery on these now

Half a sack £30
Full sack £55

Great day yesterday got some good deals as usual

Pat

I have just got back ( wife drives slow :) ). It was a good day. I brought a sack of bowl blanks that was a really good mix of woods and sizes, A few extra bowl blanks in cherry and hawthorn, Spindles in elm and beec, A big old oak platter blank of about 15 inches, a couple of big spindles about 4 and 5 inches square by 2 and 3 feet long in maple and apple...... a boot full for £120 and then a sack full of blanks and logs which he describes as rubbish and I call great practice blanks for free.

I got the impression though that it wasn't very well attended which was a shame.

Grahamshed":25nd0s9x said:
I have just got back ( wife drives slow :) ). It was a good day. I brought a sack of bowl blanks that was a really good mix of woods and sizes, A few extra bowl blanks in cherry and hawthorn, Spindles in elm and beec, A big old oak platter blank of about 15 inches, a couple of big spindles about 4 and 5 inches square by 2 and 3 feet long in maple and apple...... a boot full for £120 and then a sack full of blanks and logs which he describes as rubbish and I call great practice blanks for free.

I got the impression though that it wasn't very well attended which was a shame.

It looks like you had a good day Graham, I told you that you would not be disappointed I have had loads of timber of them and never had a problem with any of it.

I wish I could have got down there but as previously stayed the wife has been really ill and the journey would have been too much for her.

Hopefully we should be able to get down to my sons on the Isle of Sheppey latter in the year and I will have ride over to stock up.

Vic

Hopefully we should be able to get down to my sons on the Isle of Sheppey latter in the year and I will have ride over to stock up.

and u will pass axminster as well :D

SteveF":27nhzhcp said:

and u will pass axminster as well :D

Yes Steve I know quite well ! I popped in Axi last time I was down there and came out over £200 lighter

Vic

Grahamshed":arn5ul2x said:
Location, location, location.
A bit of a daft idea to have the open day on Sunday too, no chance to roll it into a trip to other similar destinations locally like Style & Bates or FFX.

Rhossydd":2sq5nufj said:
Grahamshed":2sq5nufj said:
Location, location, location.
A bit of a daft idea to have the open day on Sunday too, no chance to roll it into a trip to other similar destinations locally like Style & Bates or FFX.
Business wise it may be a bad location but if you have to work for a living then half a mile from a working harbour with life boat station and loads to look at and enjoy aint a bad place to be doing it :)

Vic Perrin":3pbhrj8w said:
I told you that you would not be disappointed I have had loads of timber of them and never had a problem with any of it.

Vic
You did indeed Vic :)
They seem like very nice people and the father certainly knows what to do when you put a lathe and chunk of wood in front of him.he had a display of his work on the table and it was impressive to say the least.

Dalboy":2sw4sa66 said:
Maybe I should have gone I have no excuse as I don't live that far away. Looks like you all had some bargains

Give Paul a ring Dalboy, they will be more than pleased to see you and I guarantee that you will come away with a load of bargains

Vic

Graham

I will talk to Paul say he should join on here I'm getting rather friendly , I'm there each week at the moment :)

Also their half sacks and full sacks they are doing free delivery :)

Regards

Pat

don't forget chaps that the forum rules don't allow "commercial activity" directly through the site other than domestic item sales through the for sales section. They obviously sound like a good team, just avoid setting the wrong expectation is all I'm thinking.

Back