Holiday turning pictures

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all I hope you all had a good break and managed to squeeze in some workshop time.
I got sometime away from the rest of the world (thanks mum for looking after young Alex :lol: ) and managed to spin these out. I hope you like them, if any of you guys got some workshop time as well, add your pictures on.
Thanks for looking :lol:
Rich
Yew
n665621426_803267_1908.jpg

Walnut
n665621426_803268_3012.jpg

Yew
n665621426_803269_4129.jpg

Olive
n665621426_803270_5355.jpg

Richburrow wrote
if any of you guys got some workshop time as well, add your pictures on.
Sorry Rich no workshop time for me :( but those are nice looking pieces.
Being a fan of Yew meself,i like the Yew pieces but the Walnut and Olive both look gorgeous :D
Keep em coming.
Paul.J.

Looks like you did have some quality time in your shop :lol:

Like the 3 bowels , but Hope you don't mine me saying they look a bit like me :? Chunky

Love the walnut bowl nice shape and dark wood :wink:

I love them all Rich, and the mushroom/toadstools are my favourites. :wink:

Thank you for all your coments :lol: :lol:
I really enjoyed myself turning them and found it very relaxing!!!
Hoping to do more but work does get in the way of woodwork, shame. Finished a beech fruit bowl tonight, it looks ok but I did rush the finishing cuts :(
On the subject of the chunky look to the bowls, fair comment. I am getting to grips with my new bowl gouge at the moment, still learning, will get thinner as time goes on :wink:
Thanks again
Rich

richburrow":php2sd8i said:
..........On the subject of the chunky look to the bowls, fair comment. I am getting to grips with my new bowl gouge at the moment, still learning, will get thinner as time goes on :wink:

Rich, on the gouge front on the smaller bowls you may find that a 3/8 or 1/2" is easier to cope with than some of those Graduate matching examples you have, don't know which you were using on the Record.

And be warned, you haven't done thin 'till you have achieved a Holy one. :lol:

Those of yours are a lot thinner than my early attempts. :oops:

Back