Holdfast Group Buy - May have found a UK Blacksmith

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
head clansman":zh8gnopn said:
hi mike

I like the avatar mate , didn't realise it was you for a wee while , was wondering where you got to , yes please Colin some pics please .hc

Thanks Martin, Do you remember World Cup Willy from the 1966 world cup?
I have sidelined the old Arsenal avatar while the competition is is on. :lol:

Cheers

Mike

The holdfast I'll be giving to him to model will be the gramercy ones

MS-HOLDFASTXX_big.gif

Whether or not they'll actually look that I don't know right now. I won't really any more details until a week or two once he has the gramercy in his hands and he gives me the yay or nay. I can't imagine it would look too different really, it's a common design and works well.

hi mike

:-k #-o i cane remember an old guy who use to follow the team where every they played dont know if that was him :?: . yea it's footy time again, time to get a loads of beer in, feet up :lol: :lol: hc 8) :wink:

Colin thanks very much for taking the time to post the photos. There are so many on the market from the cheap and nasty to the best, with some strange looking ones in between, so I just needed to know what you had in mind. :wink:

Count me in mate, if the price is right.

Cheers

Mike

ByronBlack":3nj0cu50 said:
Mike - how many would you want?

I don't want to let you down or mess your order up mate, so can I say two at the moment, but if the price is real good then four. :D Does that make sense?

Cheers

Mike

Count me in Colin. I'll have a pair if they're comparable to the Gramercy in performance/price. I have one thanks to Wizer's generosity a while back, and can confirm that they're absolutely the mutt's nuts. Also they don't seem overly fussy about hole size - mine works almost as well in a 20mm hole in 45mm thick chipboard/blockboard as it does in a 19mm hole in 50mm Oak.

I may be wrong (it's not unheard of), but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Gramercy ones were made of spring steel - just a thought.

Mike - there is no issue of letting me down - like I said, currently there is no commitment, i'm just gauging the rough numbers so if the smithy is happy doing them I can negotiate on price, so i'm just looking for a rough idea of what every would like in an ideal world if they were priced right.

Mark - glad you confirmed your experience of the gramercy's - its nice to know it works well in differing benchtop thicknesses.

Latest posts

Back