Hock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I received the Hock plane iron and chipbreaker I ordered for my Bailey 5 1/2. Finally got round to using them today and I have to admit I'm impressed :D

Had to reduce some softwood doors in height due to thicker carpet. The timber on these wasn't good, reversing grain and a lot of knots :cry: Plane was great to use though. Had to stop myself getting carried away and taking too much off the door it was that good <geek>
Felt quite pleased with myself for spending some money wisely for a change :lol:

All together now. A one, two, a one, two, three, four...

singer3.gif
Slip slidin' away, slip slidin' a-wayyyy...
singer3.gif

:wink:

You won't be smiling when you hit that first hidden nail :cry: :wink:

Jason

Scooby,
thanks for the reminder, I've been promising myself a Hock iron for my #80 for some time - order now placed.

Andy

scooby":23xkdkml said:
Had to stop myself getting carried away and taking too much off the door it was that good

Go on, you know you've always wanted a nice set of saloon doors :)

David C":3t4xv36d said:
A2 or carbon steel?

Both are extremely good.

Ron is a star!

David C

Carbon steel. I ordered it from fine-tools, without realising if I'd scrolled down the page they also had the A2 irons :oops: No harm done though, as I've been impressed with the carbon.

I recently got the hock iron and breaker for my stanley 5 1/2 and I am also impressed, especially by the chip breaker.

Back