hobbies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that I have three main hobbies.

I used to be into bike racing, but sadly had to packed it up in 2003. :cry: So to relieve the boredom, I took up race bike restoration instead, and now have a fair string of completed projects under my belt. Sadly though, because I can't afford to keep them, once finished they are then sold. :(

Here are two current projects that are nearly at an end.
:)

From this ( A 1973 Yamaha TA125)
3rdoct2005003ta2.jpg

To this

4lside1cu4.jpg

tafairinglhside.jpg

This is a 1990 Yamaha TZ250

use-2.jpg

My other hobbies are photography and my lawn! :D

I have only just found this thread and it's quite fascinating to see what others do?

My hobbies are radio controlled gliders of which I have a room full from a tiny 12" foamy thing up to 13 foot models. I love the vintage scale and have a couple from the 1930 era. They are always radio and sometimes controlled :shock: . Below is one of the more 'interesting' competitions that my old club in England used to run? Bag on the head comp! You have to fly yer mates model with the bag on yer head and do wht he tells you and when he quietly says "GIMME THE TRANNY" you hand him the transmitter so that he can, hopefully, save the model from crashing. Don't hestitate because the next is he has your model and the bag on his head!

BAGONHEAD3.jpg

Me launching my 1936 Minimoa. 10 foot span, 6 lbs weight and all trad balsa built. Lovely gull winged model. The flying site is Frocester Hill, Stroud, Gloucestershire with the River Severn in the background.

MEMINIMOAA.jpg

I also love photography and have joined a local club which is hilarious spending the club evenings trying to keep up with a dozen French folks talking at 15 to the dozen. Don't arf help yer French!

I suppose the most serious hobby is due to where we live, in the biggest vinyard in the World, so I am doing my best to test all of the different wines here. None of this "New World" 'stuff'. Hard work and the biggest problem is trying to remember what each one is like after a bottle or 2. I took the decision not to spit it out because that would be a waste :roll: It isn't a cheap hobby either with some of the wines costing up to 5 or 6€ a bottle!

Another hobby is the history here. What with the Old Cité of Carcassonne and all of the Cathar castles it is an incredible place and how they built some of the places is a mystery to me never mind how they were defeated in the end.

I am involved with the local Amateur Dramatics group. It is a recent thing but something I have been wanting to find the time to do since leaving school in '82.

I act, sing, dance and make just about all the set and most of the props. The link to our current production, Peter Howarth's 'Robin, Prince of Sherwood', is in my sig if any one want to see me in action.

radio Control Aeroplanes for me along with an unhealthy interest in computers and anything engineering like.
Most of my spare time is took up with running one of the largest Model Flying forums RCMF where I run the server and modify/administrate the software.

Gerry

My hobby involves one of these. It's exceptionally practical for lugging furniture around :roll:

228504052_0bd906c077.jpg

:D hi Gerry just joined your RCMF site i use the RCME one normally so
hope fully will get more info

thanks
martyn

I too have been on the RCMF forum for a while now, using Jonzjob of course, as on all the forums I'm on. Not a bad forum really, all things taken into account :evil: :oops: . No, seriously a very good site with loads-a-gen. Keep up the good work mate!

Billw? I take it that you are into 1/12 scale dolls house building and furniture? I very nearly swapped my 1946 MGTC for a Lotus 11 with a 1 ltr Cosworth screamer in it when I was young and stationed in Singapore. Oh how I wish that I had kept the MG and bought the Lotus too! Nice little motor!

He's fundamentally un PC Brad and that's not a bad counterpoise I think.

Roy.

andycktm":26lani9m said:
Delta box ,reverse cylinders .
Very nice 8)
80 hp?

MMMMM!!!! Don't you just love GP250 race bikes, and even more so the lovely reverse cylinder models! :D 80BHP is probably pretty close to the mark. :)

Here is another past restoration project to wet your appetite! :D

DSC03064.jpg

And this is my old GP250 race bike! :D

dsc01356medium1ff.jpg

BradNaylor":1a1uzzg1 said:
Digit":1a1uzzg1 said:
His mum loves him!

Roy.

So evidently, do millions of people around the world. I've never understood why JC annoys some people; it is quite obviously all an act and he plainly has tremendous fun winding people up.

He's a bit of a hero of mine!

:lol:

Brad

All I can say is that I'll bet he ducks every Easter? :twisted:

BradNaylor":x5pf28j8 said:

He's a bit of a hero of mine!

:lol:

Brad

I've worked for him and the guy is probably the nicest and most generous person I've met in television. Personally I almost always agree with his views (remember his chat show?). One thing I'll say about him, which he'd not like, is that he clearly lies about his age! Close up he look in his early 60's. TV and make up can do wonders! ;)

Brad you should get tickets to the next Top Gear series. He always has a wonder around the crowd and has a chat. Never know, you could end up doing his kitchen ;)

Earlier on in this thread (in 2007) I said I was into cookery. That's largely disappeared now that I'm on these horrible pain killers, I don't eat much, let alone cook. So now woodworking\turning is all consuming. I'm determined to crack it by my 40th birthday ;)

Doctor":3r8fctgw said:
EddieJ":3r8fctgw said:
!!!! Don't you just love GP250 race bikes,

dscn0484ij3.jpg

sure do, not quite up to your standards, but a cracking bike.

Just love the 2 strokers.

Thanks for posting the photo of your Aprilia :)

It's looks to be one of the nicest examples that Ive seen for a very long time. I really hate rim tape, black screens and arrows. The bikes a credit to you. :)

Latest posts

Back