Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bourbon

Established Member
Reaction score
As part of a stealth camper build, I'm after some of these, not even sure what they are called. I need about 4 of them.
1641931665412.png

It looks similar to a card table hinge, as at this link. Having said that I can see your hinge example doesn't have the same movement as it seems to have just one pivot as opposed to two. Slainte.

I thought they were a pivot hinge or knife hinge, could be wrong.
You can acheive a similar range of motion with soss hinges but they need morticing in to the face rather than attaching on the ends, if you see what I mean.

Ollie

If it was originally fitted to a caravan /campervan then that’s where you should be looking, there is a firm in Grimsby that deals in all sorts of parts for the above, sorry can’t remember the name but I know it’s on Convamore road, fascinating place to walk around there is all sorts of stuff.
Grimsby North East Lincolnshire and over the river in Hull is a major hub for caravan campervan manufacture. Ian

There's a 'door fittings' place in High Wycombe I've used for out of the ordinary fittings. I'm sure
they'll have these (except I can't recall the name). I'll edit this post if I find it.

Isaac Lord.

[QUOTE

Cone on show us the build?!!

I've done 2 self builds btw.
[/QUOTE]

Nothing really to show. Just a fold away bed, a box on the back door with a cooker bolted to it and a cupboard for my cups That's it. I will only be using it as a standby if I arrive onsite too late to put my medieval tent up.

Much like mine has a removable transverse bed, kitchen unit and toilet cubicle... All can be removed - at the moment I have 500kg of oak in the corridor!

If it was originally fitted to a caravan /campervan then that’s where you should be looking, there is a firm in Grimsby that deals in all sorts of parts for the above, sorry can’t remember the name but I know it’s on Convamore road, fascinating place to walk around there is all sorts of stuff.
Grimsby North East Lincolnshire and over the river in Hull is a major hub for caravan campervan manufacture. Ian
The company is Rose & Co.. I used to deal with them for Omnister electric steps to replace manual ones on Hymer motorhomes.

Magnum motorhomes iirc....

Coastal motorhomes do lots I'd stuff too.

Back