Hinge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeElms

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain the function of the square part in the centre of this internal door hinge. If the screw is removed, the small square part can be removed. I've just noticed that adjacent to each corner on the main body of the hings are the numbers 0,+1,+2 and +3 and there is a dot on one corner of the square part. So I'm guessing that this is used to make some adjustment, but can't see quite how.

Attachments

• t.jpg
    t.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 733
I suspect the hole in the small square isn't in the centre. So remove the two other screws, rotate the square and it'll alter the position of the door to the frame. 1mm up or out ,or what ever other combination altering the centre square offers.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That makes sense, but if that's the case this feature hasn't been used on the doors in our house, as this part of hinge is snugly morticed into the edge of the door.

could it be a housing for an optional hinge bolt if the hinges were used for an outward opening door

Perhaps.

Just that I had never seen these before, and couldn't find any on-line with a quick Google. I would have thought the adjustment angle was probably the reason for the feature, but as that doesn't seem to have been used in our house, I was curious to see if anyone had actually used these or positively knew the purpose of this feature.

Back