Hinge for mdf door please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhill Red

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am building some doors for a cupboard to fill in a under stair area, the door will be 18mm MDF and inset in a frame and I am stuck for which type of hinge to use.

I was going to use the sprung type as used on kitchen cabinets but cannot seem to find any for inset doors as opposed to lay on like on kitchen units.

I do'nt think normal butt type hinge would work when screwing into the "end grain" of the MDF even if I doubled up the thickness in the hinge area.

I was hoping some of you had come across this problem and are better at solving it than I seem to be!

The hinges you are talking about resemble those used on kitchens such as these. You need to specify a cranked hinged arm for inset doors

Scrit

Yep they exist, ask for 16mm cranked ones on a 04 mounting plate and they will work just like kitchen ones only inset in a frame.

Thank you all for your (very quick ) replies not only are the hinges just what I was looking for the technical info on the links is also a great help .

Latest posts

Back