Hi guys, from a newbie.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PalletRefurb

Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm new here, I've recently started my own website looking to combine a few hobbies of mine, firstly website design, secondly, woodworking, and thirdly, getting rid of the excess wood which doesn't go into my log burner... So i've made a small ecommerce site dedecated to this. Havn't got fixed prices on products yet as i'm not too sure of the market... But was wanting some advice on you guys who sell on a day to day basis...
I know there are a lot of craft fairs around there, and a lot of christmas markets which have some wood items... But do you find woodworking fairs often? Something i've been looking for but not yet found.
Thanks for any help guys

Andy

Nice site, shame about the products. Sorry might just be me but I'm not a fan of pallet up cycling or whatever the young folk call it. Joinery looks very simplistic, planks cut to length and then nailed together ?

Error 404 on the garden page, do softwood pallet planters last more than one season ?

Apologies for being a grump and welcome to the forum,
Carl

Welcome.

That is a nice, clear, easy-on-the-eye website.

I am not sure I would be in the market for any of the products though. Good idea to try recycling, but I think you will find it a tough market.

Phill

I like the pallet sky-line and the key coat hook, I think originality and creativity are what get stuff looked at at craft markets, I think attention to detail are then what makes the sale.

Thanks guys, haven't got the shop set up for garden just yet. When constructing the planters would be using a visqueen inside to line it out with drainage.. A lot of the pallets we use at work (heat treated) have been on containers for a good few years. And haven't rotted, just discolored, so with annual treating should hold up for a good while.
Joinery is quite simplistic on some items as I've got limited tooling just yet, everything made is from a Mitre saw. (including the pen and desk tidy) once I get a router will be able to expand a bit more with finer details.

You could always try music festivals , my sister in law makes all sorts of stuff from recycled items and makes a good few bob profit for her efforts.
Can i ask how you the wood is chemical free ?.

Hi Mark, the pallets I use have different stamps on them... Red pallets are owned by a company called LPR and are treated, blue is chep pallets and are also treated and died.. Pallets with Mb stamped are treated with methylbromide.
HT is for heat treated, and KD is kiln dried. EURO Pallets (eur) stamp meet regulations to show that no harmful chemicals or carcinogens are used in them. Any stamps I'm unaware of I research into to find a bit more about.

Best of luck with your venture.

I personally like the look, which can look great in contemporary settings and is quite in vogue in shopfitting, such as Fatface and coffee shops.

There is however a fine line between Cool and Carp :D You will need clever designs and product shots that are stylish and well dressed settings to succeed.

there's plenty of very similar products on sale over at etsy, it's worth checking it out, to see what sells, what doesn't sell, it's quite easy if you are tech savvy which you must be to make such a nice website.

I'd create some social media links if I was you, it's very much needed and works if you know how to use it, can be a powerful tool, that's all it is another tool to bring people to you and convert to sales.

Hi Andy.
The key's fixed to the key rack would look better with Pan headed screws not countersink.
Just my view !
Not my cup of tea but good website !
Given me some idea's for tarting mine up.

Back