Hi from Somerset

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRich

Reaction score
Hi everyone, newbie to the forum here - I have been looking at everyones projects and all i can say is wow - great job all, superb work.

I'm pretty new to woodworking and my projects have been all based around garden ideas and kids playhouses - way too shy to post any pics !, but i would like to start making some 'prettier' pieces and I was wondering where do I find a good wood supplier in Somerset? at the moment i tend to buy timber from fencing suppliers and places like that which is ok for most basic garden projects, but I'm getting inspired to branch out into projects for the home and workshop, and pressure treated timber just wouldn't be right. :oops: oh dear, reading this back makes me sound very amateurish but we all start somewhere and I have found woodworking a perfect relaxer, as I'm sure you guys have. - I'm real sorry if this has been asked before.

many thx in advance

Rich

Hi BRich,
Yandles in Martock can't be too far from you, well worth a look. I'm in Dorset near Dorchester.
Regards and welcome to the forum.
Martin

thanks for the warm welcome - and many thanks to Mahking - I'm close to Martock and have a visit planned in the very near future, Thanks again for the top tip

Rich

Hi Rich - welcome to the forum and yes, definitly Yandles, excellent selection of timber and good toy dept with all the shiney stuff for depletion of the back pocket :lol: - Rob

Hi - welcome, hope you find what you want at Yandles and look forward to hearing about your projects

again thanks for all the replies - and Yandles is my destination for next weekend ! My wife took a wood working evening class a few years back and made a beautiful oak coffee table which gets used everyday, all my hours in the workshop / garage is paying off as she is getting the bug again too.

Both sliding now :D

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum.

My wife has started getting the bug too and helps me out from time to time. She is now official sander no1. :D

Matt.

Hi Rich

Welcome to the forum from yet another wood butcher from good old Somerset I'm based in Minehead.

Yandles is Definitely worth a look take plenty of cash though they ain't cheap... :oops:

Also you could try a place called the "Wood Pile" on the Highbridge to Bridgwater road, this isn't to bad for sheet goods etc.

When the bug really bites you've got Axminster Tools to go to that'll make you drool...

Good luck with your projects and we will need pics

Back