Hi from Nottingham

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.
I'm a keen (not necessarily good!) home woodworker, who is just moving into a Victorian house thats in need of some restoration.
I'm looking forwards to the challenges!
(I'm also looking for a decent router table if anyone is selling one!)
Rich

Hi rich, welcome to the forum.

Id look on ebay for a hitachi m12ve and maybe a 1/4" palm router too. If you are doing a full house refurn, they will pay for themselves. Best bet is to buy the trend router bit sets, 56 piece, best bang for your buck

Oh and build / buy a router table. You can even modify an old workmate and get a universal router table insert for a quick and dirty option.....

Welcome. 1 yr ago I replaced the last original carpet in our Victorian house we bought 10yrs ago, a house that had not been decorated for 42years when we bought it. So many jobs done, and so much I learnt in the process, with a huge amount of advice from the good folks on here. Welcome and have fun with your renovation.

Welcome aboard, do a search for router tables and open a world of opportunity! As with all things it will come down to budget and what you need. I too am a hobbyist, I 'got by' for years with the very entry level and small trend table, on offer when I bought the router.
This year I have finally made my own, I used some UJK (Axminster) parts, it's not as good or fancy as some the very clever and talented people here can make - but I've recently been really using it in anger and it is better than I thought and way better than what I had LOL!

Anyway hope you enjoy - it a friendly place and we like pics!

Regards

Padster

Whereabouts are you in Nottingham, I have renovated several houses over the past 60 years, mainly for myself and family

Back