Hi from Malmesbury, Wiltshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I recently retired and have spent the last few months converting my garage into a workshop. I’m currently fighting off the dreaded Covid but I have previously made guitars and various bits of furniture. I also made everything (wooden) for the workshop. I just love losing myself in the process of building and of course I want to improve with every project.

Attachments

• 905C4C3B-A5A4-4AC1-AE80-A75791AA7E98.jpeg
    905C4C3B-A5A4-4AC1-AE80-A75791AA7E98.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9B907D9D-2B76-4D7E-978C-FF103FE164ED.jpeg
    9B907D9D-2B76-4D7E-978C-FF103FE164ED.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2F997D5E-009A-4286-88EC-A02B674BDB4D.jpeg
    2F997D5E-009A-4286-88EC-A02B674BDB4D.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 3EC86163-05DF-4316-8986-07B31C1986BB.jpeg
    3EC86163-05DF-4316-8986-07B31C1986BB.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 0
Welcome, I am in Wiltshire too.

Your workshop needs more sawdust and and random junk in it, its just not right. It almost looks like a computer rendering of a workshop from a catalogue !
I jest of course and am entirely jealous of your ability to keep it clean and tidy.

Ollie

Hi @baileytog welcome and nice shop! Is that a Triton mitre saw? What do you think of it?

It would be good to post a shop tour, describing what you have done in each section and a review of your machines etc.

You’ve made me so embarrassed about the organisation and tidyness of my own workshop. Looks brilliant, have fun, and welcome.

Hi @baileytog welcome and nice shop! Is that a Triton mitre saw? What do you think of it?

It would be good to post a shop tour, describing what you have done in each section and a review of your machines etc.
Yes Triton TCMS 245 I really like it, it’s solid and accurate, dust extraction could be better but it’s no worse than any other mitre saw. I think it’s been well designed and just works as it should. I’ll probably change the blade but otherwise I’m pleased with it.

Hello peeps,
Seriously cool workshop! I’m revamping my garage workshop, and I may knick some of your layout ideas! ;)
Quick question how wide is your garage? I’m in an old single garage and it’s only just 2.4m wide and I’m struggling with positioning my table saw and out feed/construction bench.
thanks
K

Hello peeps,
Seriously cool workshop! I’m revamping my garage workshop, and I may knick some of your layout ideas! ;)
Quick question how wide is your garage? I’m in an old single garage and it’s only just 2.4m wide and I’m struggling with positioning my table saw and out feed/construction bench.
thanks
K
Hi, mine is 3.2m wide but feel free to use any ideas. Everything in mine is on wheels so they can be moved to make things easier.

Thanks, just looked up the Triton TCMS 245 and it may just be exactly what I need. I’ve got an old (close to 10 years! Wickes own) sliding miter saw which has served me well enough. But the rails run behind the base and when fully extended it’s about 80cm long! I’ve been trying to find something with a decent sized blade that either has front facing rails or something like the Bosch glide. However they are sooooo seriously expensive!

Thanks, just looked up the Triton TCMS 245 and it may just be exactly what I need. I’ve got an old (close to 10 years! Wickes own) sliding miter saw which has served me well enough. But the rails run behind the base and when fully extended it’s about 80cm long! I’ve been trying to find something with a decent sized blade that either has front facing rails or something like the Bosch glide. However they are sooooo seriously expensive!
I think it’s a very capable saw. Even the supplied blade is pretty good, it does everything I need it to, has very little blade deflection and the laser is handy (I would prefer a shadow line). The dust collection is pretty poor but that’s like most mitre saws. It is worth the money IMHO.

Hello and greetings from just North of the border in Gloucestershire.
Some great ideas in the photos. Also extending my garage workshop and would welcome advice on flooring - smooth enough for furniture/ machines/ tools on castors but not a skid pan when coated in a light dusting of wood fibre. Existing part flooring is unfinished loft chipboard panels laid floating on concrete base. Any suggestions welcomed, thanks. 'Withy'

Hello and greetings from just North of the border in Gloucestershire.
Some great ideas in the photos. Also extending my garage workshop and would welcome advice on flooring - smooth enough for furniture/ machines/ tools on castors but not a skid pan when coated in a light dusting of wood fibre. Existing part flooring is unfinished loft chipboard panels laid floating on concrete base. Any suggestions welcomed, thanks. 'Withy'
Hi Withy, I did a lot of research and finally decided on Duramat flooring a few companies sell it but I got mine from Garage Flooring Direct. It’s a 7mm thick plastic that interlocks, it is oil and water resistant and easy to lay (especially if you warm it first). So far it’s been great, easy to clean and no movement or warping etc. I have some heavy cabinets and tools but they are pretty easy to move on it. Hope that helps.

Many thanks for the welcomes. Slowly finding my way around.
Baileytog - pursuing your suggestion while I construct an internal insulated ceiling - a lifetime project but pulled forward by the thought of getting back to making. All the best. Wy

Back