Hi from a Newbie

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blademansw

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just inherited my gramp's Coronet No 1, which has got into a bit of a sorry state unfortunately so it looks like a total strip, clean repaint and rebuild before I can start turning.

I haven't done any turning for getting on for 20 years so this is going to be a real voyage of discovery!

Good luck with the refurb, there's bound to be someone here to help with any problems on the way.

And a big welcome to the forum :D

A big welcome from me too BladeM. I do belive that Lewis has the same lathe as yours and I have the slightly later Record CL1. They are good lathes and I'm sure that you will soon get sucked into the same slope as us!!

It is a lovely way to work wood! And very addictive. I don't now look at a lump of wood without seeing just what may just be in there :mrgreen:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I have a lot of work ahead of me though. I have managed to track down someone with the correct colour paint, so that's a result right there!

Back