Hi, and some of my work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul31

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've been keeping an eye on the forum for a while now, some very fine work on here from some very dedicated people.
I'm a bench joiner by trade and am slowly trying to get completely out on my own but it's hard juggling my business and a job.

Please check out my Facebook page of some of my work although most of what I do are fitted wardrobes but have a few other bits on there which I love to get a chance to do.

Will put up some projects in the future to get some feedback

Thanks,
Paul

www.facebook.com/pages/PS-WoodCraft/144873958943093

Paul,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the link is not working for me.

Mark

Hi Paul
Nice work also like the curved bookcase.20 odd years ago i was in the same position as you are now ,working the day job and then doing hobbles or you might call them foreigners on weekends and evenings .I was loaded and cocky,after an argument in the day job i got sacked .So on my own i went and my work dried up .Funny how when i needed the work it never came .My advise to you is stick at the day job for as long as you can and when you do jump ship stay friends ,then you may be able to go back if you need to. Good luck Bern :D

Some good looking work there. Always difficult knowing when to move, but you should not be scared. As the economy picks up (when?) again people will after a time start needing the work you do so perhaps the time is coming in the not too distant future. If you can cultivate a few repeat customers it does help but it is often word of mouth. The odd house builder, local pub chain, girlie shops. There are always local people doing work and money quietly without the public knowing. If you find them they can often be good customers. Every best wish to you.

+ 1 the curved bookcase. Nice work

One criticism ( constructive of course..) - I don't like the blocks supporting the shelves in the wardrobe interiors....there are much better ( invisible ) ways to do this

Cheers, Mark

Welcome to the forum some neat work there! The advice from bern is spot on! Taking the leap from being an employee to the employer is a step I've considered also, but have experienced different levels of work, as an employee and on my own doing things as foreigners and work does get slow at times....... So be sure to keep the balance of work & sidelines equal.

Thanks for all the comments guys,

Mark, I think the same thing about the KD blocks on the shelves and have bought a Kreg pocket hole machine and the last couple of robes have been pocket hole with caps and shelf pins to sit on to add support and guide installation.

Back