Helpful BT - Not!....but then again...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":1j0w9vgq said:
That sounds bizarre.

Not really if you think about it Roger. You can't think these devices are really made to make and receive calls and texts. :lol: When buying these devices with all the bells and whistles the least promoted options appear to be the phone and text functions, so they're probably the least thought about when setting up.

.....................I appear to be becoming a grumpy old man #-o

Mark Hancock":3hbn4oiw said:
RogerS":3hbn4oiw said:
That sounds bizarre.

Not really if you think about it Roger. You can't think these devices are really made to make and receive calls and texts. :lol: When buying these devices with all the bells and whistles the least promoted options appear to be the phone and text functions, so they're probably the least thought about when setting up.

LOL...actually I am also dead chuffed with my new smartphone....not as swish as Steve's but good enough for me! The free satnav that comes with it works a treat, the lady told me how to get home from the pub the other night. The voice recognition built-in is first rate (which I've only just discovered)...I'm just wondering what other goodies are hidden away there.

RogerS":1hye22wz said:
Mark Hancock":1hye22wz said:
RogerS":1hye22wz said:
That sounds bizarre.

LOL...actually I am also dead chuffed with my new smartphone....not as swish as Steve's but good enough for me! The free satnav that comes with it works a treat, the lady told me how to get home from the pub the other night. The voice recognition built-in is first rate (which I've only just discovered)...I'm just wondering what other goodies are hidden away there.

Yes but can you make a phone call with it :lol:

T-mobile have disabled the tethering function of the Android operating system. Tethering is when you connect your computer to the phone and use the phone's internet connection to browse on your computer.

Tell them to shove their phones where it don't shine, and your going elsewhere.

I have been tethering mobiles to lap top for the last four years and it does not burn up more of your allocated allowance as your provider still recognise it as a mobile phone and not a laptop, and that's with Android phones as well.

Back