Help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobblydoggy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have bought a recondition DW8101 by Dewalt.

Great machine, but a swine to get any bits for I am finding out.

Does anyone know where I can get an Arbor Extender to take a stacked dado blade?

This is the green DW8101 which apparently can cope with the stress of the dado set up.

My understanding is that there is an 'arbor extender attachment' that winds onto the existing short arbor and gives you a new 30mm longer thread length to put what ever width of dado set up you require up to an inch.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

A photo or part number of what I need would be greatly appreciated

There was a table saw supplier for the UK that did a dado model, I think the brand was something like excelsior but looking at google nothing comes up. Look through our saw owners here at this forum and trail through, might have been Philly.

They might have the extender you refer to because it was fitted to their saw.

devonwoody":ssya3539 said:
There was a table saw supplier for the UK that did a dado model, I think the brand was something like excelsior but looking at google nothing comes up. Look through our saw owners here at this forum and trail through, might have been Philly.

They might have the extender you refer to because it was fitted to their saw.

Sorry to be dim, but how do I find the 'saw owners's? :lol:

Given that this is a woodworking forum I might be swamped lol

:)
Table saws traditionally have dado blades. Since your model is fairly old it might have helped to say it was a RAS. But no matter :)

As radial arm saws on ebay and such like are so cheap at the moment why don't you buy another one which has a 30mm shaft and just flog the old one. You will save some money and possibly even make a profit. All the older ones had the length of shaft to take a dado blade as this was one of their big selling points. The newer yellow ones I am not so sure about so I would avoid them, but anyway they are made of tin rubbish compared to the older ones.

Mike

A dado head on a RAS is perfectly safe. Far safer than using one on a table saw. Set up properly and following the safety rules there isn't a problem using it. Have done for years and will continue to do so. I haven't even scratched myself never mind cut off any fingers! Anyone contemplating using one should get a copy of Wally Kunkel's book. This guy was one of the original Dewalt salesman and he actually used the machines for years so he knows what he is talking about.

acewoodturner":3iwj6d7z said:
As radial arm saws on ebay and such like are so cheap at the moment why don't you buy another one which has a 30mm shaft and just flog the old one. You will save some money and possibly even make a profit. All the older ones had the length of shaft to take a dado blade as this was one of their big selling points. The newer yellow ones I am not so sure about so I would avoid them, but anyway they are made of tin rubbish compared to the older ones.

Mike

:oops:

Stupid me!!!

Why did I buy one with a 16mm shaft #-o

acewoodturner":23rcbr3m said:
A dado head on a RAS is perfectly safe. Far safer than using one on a table saw. Set up properly and following the safety rules there isn't a problem using it. Have done for years and will continue to do so. I haven't even scratched myself never mind cut off any fingers! Anyone contemplating using one should get a copy of Wally Kunkel's book. This guy was one of the original Dewalt salesman and he actually used the machines for years so he knows what he is talking about.

Already on order :lol:

Back