Help with resawing in London

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle_K

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I wondered if there is anyone with a bandsaw in London that would be able to resaw a piece of maple into thin slices to make a guitar. It is a really special piece of wood and i don’t think I’d able to do it by hand as my sawing skills are not great!

Thank you

Michelle

Maybe give an indication of the size of the piece you have (length x width x height) as that will influence the size of machine needed.

Try local 'Men's Shed's' to see if they have a suitable bandsaw and expertise. Also suggest that you check that the bandsaw and blade are good enough by trying some unimportant wood of approximately the same size as your special piece. My local ( in Somerset so no good for you) has a good bandsaw and the blade is good when new and performance goes down as it ages until there is no way I would expect to do a decent resaw with it.
Nigel

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me out. I wondered if there is anyone with a bandsaw in London that would be able to resaw a piece of maple into thin slices to make a guitar. It is a really special piece of wood and i don’t think I’d able to do it by hand as my sawing skills are not great!

Thank you

Michelle
Hi, try our mens shed at Bow.Sunnyside it's located at MIND Whitethorn Street E3 have two bandsaws plus steve there is a guitarist and knows all about building them and playing!

Depending on where you are based in London, you could try reaching out to Daisy Tempest, seeing as she's a luthier and probably keen on helping fellow female luthiers!

Back