Help with plane knobs wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Water-Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm making some new handles for some planes brought back from the brink but I have no lathe nor any tools or skills to use with one and would like some assistance.

The rear handles are wenge and I like the same for the fronts, I have blanks and I am more than happy to supply extra blanks in wenge for own use for your troubles.
I can even cut them to pen or handle size as you require.
I did think about getting a lathe but the time and expense means it's likely to be a "top shelf" project and I'd like to finish the planes this side of the apocolypse ( but I'm not in any rush ).

Please be aware that wenge is not nice to your insides and as such requires masks and extraction if your going to do more than look at it, I'd hate to put anyone in harms way.

Thanks.

You might consider buying a drill powered lathe, and a rubbish (cheese!) set of tools from Lidl/Aldi - I have one (although my tool are restored s/h, and rather better than cheese), and I only use it for handles. It's light enough that it can be stored on a shelf!

BugBear

Back