Help with new company name

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jake":333o06a5 said:
Noel":333o06a5 said:
Jake, passing off will hardly be an issue when there's 400 miles of difference and a separate country to consider. Unless Lynx is planning to go nationwide and advertise on national TV there's not likely to be a conflict.
Talk to Co House and maybe spend £100 or so on some professional advice if you're unsure.

I have no idea what his intentions are, and in any case, intentions change and businesses grow. And avoiding litigation, even if you would win, is always sensible, from the point of view of a litigator.

Co House will have no clue or desire to advise him on IP, their only concern is the company register and its rules, which as I've said are very different and much more clear-cut.

As for the £100-worth of professional advice, well at my usual hourly rate (which I don't get to see, I hasten to add) he's probably had about that already.

I expect you're right about Co House although last time I spoke to them they were very helpful but with the usual caveat ref legal advice etc.

Yes, £100 an hour would be nice to see, I could just about get away with a 10 hour week.......<gr>

My hourly rate is £340, if I got that, I could just about avoid going to work at all!

I was surprised when I checked on a company name with a view to forming a company I needed for a venture.

"Destroyallmonsters Limited"

Would you believe somebody had already taken it! :shock:

There are some funny and unusual names for companies thats for sure.

Esc.

Escudo":3newu9or said:
I was surprised when I checked on a company name with a view to forming a company I needed for a venture.

"Destroyallmonsters Limited"

Would you believe somebody had already taken it! :shock:

There are some funny and unusual names for companies thats for sure.

Esc.

Now that is interesting! What business were you planning with a name like that?

C'mon BB it is obvious .... a consultancy business providing advice and guidance on how to destroy monsters.

I am an expert on monsters and have particular skills in dealing with the following types of monsters.

fatherinlawrus.
youngchildrenatops.

and the worst type of monster

missusrex. (they bite)

If you need help I charge a modest £340 per hour.

Esc.

Escudo":xsqy5cbi said:
C'mon BB it is obvious .... a consultancy business providing advice and guidance on how to destroy monsters.

I am an expert on monsters and have particular skills in dealing with the following types of monsters.

fatherinlawrus.
youngchildrenatops.

and the worst type of monster

missusrex. (they bite)

If you need help I charge a modest £340 per hour.

Esc.

I'll be in touch Esc, I do have a 'monsters' of a kind that could be 'dealt' with :)

That kind of work attracts a premium charging structure, it may be that he was just trying to spare our collective embarrassment :) On a more serious note theres a business in Texas with the same name as mine. They have the dot com version of my domain name and clients of mine have inadvertently emailed them. In return they have received some rather unpleasant replies I'm told. Another reason to avoid sharing a name if at all possible.

Cheers Mike

Destroyallmonsters was if I remember correctly a series of cult japanese films made in the late 50's. Featuring Godzilla, madra and some other monsters.

A must watch. Highly entertaining and at the time state of the art movie effects.

Has anybody watched these films? (sorry if I'm hijacking this thread.)

Esc.

I can certainly remember Godzilla / Gojira, Baby Godzilla (who blew smoke rings and Mothra.
Cheers Mike

Roger

We was only talking about that last night. We are meeting with our business people later for their input.

Latest posts

Back