Help with machine adjustment problems please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob

Reaction score
I am hoping somebody can help me with my problems regarding the operation of the KITY 419 tablesaw. All was going well until a couple of months ago when I cut a batch of end mitres on some bubinga 10mm thick and 75mm high. The mitres weren't even close to 45 degrees nor was the cut square across the the toe and heel of any of the cuts, consequently I now have 3 jewelry boxes unfinished with ragged and uneven cuts and not the almost glasslike accurate cuts I was used to. I have double checked the all of the settings to no avail, the manual I have is no help either. My over riding feeling is that something is moving, the blade perhaps, during cutting. I have checked the angle of tilt on the blade with a japanese mitre square on both faces and in different spots and in relation to the mitre gauge by allowing the gauge to loosen off and then using the mitre square flat against the face of the blade with everything looking spot on. I believed that the rise and fall and tilt handle must be faulty and so it seemed to be as the gearing on the handle was all chewed up. Sourcing a replacement wasnt easy until I spoke to a very helpfull chap at Tewksbury Saw co who supplied me attain a new one through NMA agencies within a couple of days.I duly fitted the new handle but the same problems persist. I have discovered that the gearing on the handle is not engaging with the slots in the body of the machine which presumably is necessary to lock off the relevant angles when the saw is in use.I have tried the Web but cannot find anyone who can repair or service the Kity. Can you help me please the Kity has been a splendid machine and I am loathe to pension it off

Hello Bob and welcome.
Are you sure the timber itself isn't moving when cutting.
Try and clamp it down somehow before you cut.
Make sure the blade is always sharp.
Hope this helps.
Paul.J.

Also check the mitre slots are parallel to the blade. You say you checked the angle between the mitre guage and the blade. You should really check it between the mitre guage and the mitre slot.

The teeth on the handle should only engage with the rack when you are adjusting the blade angle then it should spring back out so the height can be adjusted. The angle is locked by the small cam-over leverto th etop left of the blade height adjusting wheel.

cam-over lever may not be locking tight enough, there is a nut on the oter end of the rod to adjust this.

More likely is the play in the mitre slot and a possibly dull blade, I keep a sharp blade specifically just for this type of use and mave a sledge to better support the work on my combi 2000 which uses the same saw parts.

Jason

I had a Kity combi 2000 and had the same problem - the saw parts are the same. Firstly having the rise and tilt on the same control is a no no and I found that the tilt was always moving. The main problem with accuracy was that the saw unit mouniting bolts gradually worked loose allowing the saw to move away from being parrellel with the mitre slot. The fixing bolts are a SOAB to get at and it is really difficult to realign the saw with the mitre slot. That is why I sold the Kity and bought a different table saw. The Kity saw or combi is great when it works but they are terrible to maintain. Try changing the planer belts on the Kity 2000!!!!
Hope this helps,
Peebsa24

Latest posts

Back