Help with Lock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've been searching high and low the the lock that are in the pic's below, but to no avail, they are the type that just screw onto the back of the door and are not recessed into the wood. Can anyone please point me in the right direction

Lock-001.jpg

Lock.jpg

waka have you tried a reclaim yard they used to use them or something like them on bedroom doors years ago ,i bet scrit even knows what there called .

frank

Hi Waka

I think the type of lock you are referring to is called a rim latch or rim lock. Not many made in the UK these days. I think a lot of them are cheap bent steel/brass jobbies from the Far East, such as those sold by Locks OnLine or World of Brass although any competent ironmonger should be able to supply them. You can still get good quality ones from one or two companies like Holloways of Ludlow, Blackstage and Cast In Style but to match your lock a trawl through the architectural salvage merchants may be in order. If it is broken I have a contact who repairs thise type of lock and may be able to assist.

Philly, best source of reasonable quality British-made box, till and desk locks I know of is A E Squire in Willenhall - don't know if they sell direct in small quantities, but the link may be useful for competition entrants.

Scrit

Thanks for the links guys, I'll do some searches later.

Scrit, the lock is not broken I just need something similar for the project I'm working on.

Hi Waka

I've just replaced the monitor and I can now make out what your lock is. It's a till lock, sorry for the wrong info before. The best ones are made by Squires in Willenhall (see link above). My contact who repairs locks also holds stocks of recovered antique locks as well as repairing them.

Scrit

Back