Help with first tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again, I've already looked at Newark college and to be fair there was only one evening course but it didn't really seem like what I needed. It was furniture making, which is probably not a problem but the description was a bit woolly so i left it. I've missed the start anyway but it starts again later int he year.

Matt, thanks for the offer, pm on its way!

Well, just to update everyone I went ahead and bought a load of tools and I've now made a sawhorse, bench next..... Anyway I did nothing to the tools regarding sharpening as I just couldn't bring myself to do it although deep down I felt the plane (Quangsheng 5-1/2) could perhaps be better going on pictures of shavings I've seen on here. Anyway I just took the plunge and flattened a waterstone I used to use for kitchen knives and dived in. I didn't do a lot really because I didn't want to completely cock it up but as the cool kids these days say, OMG!
It's pretty good now compared to where it was so heaven knows what it could be like if done properly and then setup up correctly too :)

Latest posts

Back