Help with Cyclone Motor Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat129

Reaction score
I have built my own cyclone dust collection which works well however I want to put a larger motor on and am struggling to find a motor.

Currently I am using a Clarke CDE35B for the suction but need more power and was looking for something that was 3hp. I don't want to buy a complete dust extraction unit as this seems like a total waste.

Can anyone help me source a 3hp motor? If so I would be really grateful. Or any suggestions on how to improve suction, I've put some pics below to help

Thanks Guys

Attachments

• Cyclone 1.jpg
    Cyclone 1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 639
  • Cyclone 2.jpg
    Cyclone 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 639
The thing that will give you more suction on this is a bigger impellor. Most motors run at the same rpm, so having a 3hp motor just means it will be less stressed than the present one.
So a complete impellor/ housing will be required to get a performance increase.

Cat129":uas13upb said:
Can anyone help me source a 3hp motor?

I've got a very nice 2hp induction motor (that I will be using to build a 12" disc sander) that came from a drill press that I bought cheap on eBay then scrapped due to it having a bent quill. Might be worth looking out for a similar piece of machinery that could yield a suitable motor.

Latest posts

Back