Help !!!!! Unable to get chuck and arbor out of drill press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you had some success and the wedges were of some use. Sorry it wasn't entirely successful though.

Are you absolutely sure that it has a MT arbor?

My cheapo drill-press just has a B16 taper stub like the one sticking out on your drill press which mates with the one on the back of the chuck and there is no arbor.

Jon

Jon
Its been so long now since the thing was last off that i actually done know any more. I'm nearly (nearly mind) sure it was a chuck and arbor, but now you've got me doubting myself. I vaguely recall the whole mechanism coming out.
I'll have to trawl through all the old photos to see, the manual is no use as its written for three different one and you guest it they focus on all the others, which do have a seperate arbor.

At least i have it working and your suggestion was right on the nail.

Roy,
A tad worrying when you want to buy a roll royce and its actually a scoka under the bonnet. I've got to a point now, where i'm on the 3rd or 4th same cheap tool, only to find i've spent the same money on a good make. Eg why i went for Schappach. Live and learn.

Ta

If you are tempted to buy one more time then get some old English cast iron which need not cost a fortune.
Fobco, Pollard, Elliott, Meddings, Qualters & Smith etc are all good makes to look out for.
There is one Fobco model called Star which I think does have a fixed chuck but other than that one you should find most if not all have a female taper spindle.

Bob

Jon
Well i'll be a monkeys uncle. :oops: I must be losing my marbles, you've just saved me going mental. i wonder why that isnst included in the manual. Normal practice on most manual to include the exploded view.

Chaps, we can now called this thread closed.

Jon, you my effin hero =D>

Back